Elizabethtown

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Achn2b, Nov 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achn2b

Achn2b Forum Resident Thread Starter

What are your opinions of this film?

I know on initial release it got thoroughly panned for the most part, but I stumbled across it on cable some years ago, and I just find it a charming little film. It wears its heart on its sleeve, in the very best of ways.

One of my favorite movies.

MAYBEIMAMAZED likes this.
  2. Jacob29

Jacob29 Forum Resident

Cute unmemorable.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Memorable to us that are fans of Ronnie Van Zant and Cameron Crowe.

4. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

As fan of Cameron Crowe's work I want to love this movie but I think it's just bad. I saw it in theaters and was disappointed. Every few years I end up revisiting thinking with time maybe it's gotten better and it'll have grown with me, but nope, it just disappoints. I think there might be a good movie somewhere in there. It definitely has some really good moments. But on the whole, it just doesn't work for me. At the very least it isn't the trainwreck that is Aloha.

5. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

A little romantic fun moving about love life and people with a few good songs in it.

6. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

Sappy, pretentious, and just downright horrendous. It's deserving of all the panning.

7. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

it's ok, never less than entertaining even when it's not working (which is half its running time). But I also liked 'Aloha' (with all its problems) and "We Bought A Zoo', so may not be reliable

8. Achn2b

Achn2b Forum Resident Thread Starter

Its funny, cause I know Aloha is not a good movie, and yet for some reason, I'm a bit fond of that one also.

Must be Emma Stone.

9. Speedmaster

Speedmaster We’re all walking through this darkness on our own

Great premise, melts down pretty quickly. Kirsten Dunst’ performance and her character were the low point for me.

After Jerry Maguire and Almost Famous Crowe never made anything that even resembled an engaging movie. (Not kicking the guy, genuine dissapointment from a movie buff.)

10. BroJB

BroJB Large Marge sent me.

A buddy of mine has a song on the soundtrack and I went to go see the movie with him when it came out.

So I remember the scene his song was used (when the father's ashes were being sprinkled in the river) but not much else. Pretty forgettable film.

Was cool sharing that moment with my friend, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.