Elton John - New Vinyl Releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JamesRR, Oct 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. srsch

srsch Senior Member

I can get past his hoarse voice on Love Lies Bleeding from the MSG; the band and Elton are cooking on that performance.

2. Cast Iron Shore

Cast Iron Shore Forum Resident

Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to do these comparisons. Putting aside the pops and crackles, what do your ears tell you as far as how they sound in comparison?

JamesRR likes this.
  3. srsch

srsch Senior Member

Thank you for the heads-up. It arrived a few days ago and sounds so much better than the cd. My copy was pressed in Germany and has very very little surface noise. Great remaster and insanely low price. I think all the Ludwig remasters are really well done. A few of the pressings I have suffer a little from surface noise (nothing ClickRepair can't fix). However my Don't Shoot me LP has nasty non fill on Crocodile Rock and High Flying Bird. Still the mastering is excellent. Will get a new copy someday soon.

4. JamesRR

JamesRR Trashcan Dream Thread Starter

They're all dropping. SFTWC is now down to $11 on Amazon US. And some of the others have fallen drastically - notably the 2 LP sets (e.g. Blue Moves).
    Good time to snatch them up. Or even pick up a second copy to stash. These will likely rise in value once they go out of print.

5. srsch

srsch Senior Member

Yes. Blue Moves and Rock of the Wesries arrive at my door on Thursday. Going to order Here and There next.
    I love the Audio Fidelity cd of Westies but am interested in how Robert Ludwig's mastering is. Will report back later.

6. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

Sorry if this has been asked before...but is there a list of all the Elton John vinyl reissues that are available? Thanks!

7. JamesRR

I posted one in the Elton John Vinyl Reissues thread:

Elton John Vinyl Reissues

wynnwikman and Francisx like this.
  8. Francisx

Francisx Forum Resident

9. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

10. JamesRR

Bumping this up as RSD 2020 will feature a 50th anniversary double purple vinyl of the Elton John s/t album, as shown in one of the RSD topics here.
    No idea was the extra tracks will be...but good chance it might be demos (as per the deluxe version from recent years) or maybe live versions from the era.

dharmabumstead likes this.
  11. Joseph.McClure

Joseph.McClure Forum Resident

BeatleStair likes this.
  12. vinyldad62

vinyldad62 Forum Resident

Does anyone have a Review or Grade of all the Robert Ludwig reissues from Elton?

13. JamesRR

imail724 likes this.
  14. Darrell Castleberry

Darrell Castleberry New Member

Does anyone know where to get a fairly-priced Picture Disc of [Mod: How about posting again and take the time to actually spell out the album name?}

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2021
  15. oneslip17

oneslip17 Forum Resident

Hello everyone,

I had been thinking of picking up a used copy of Elton John's Live in Australia. But upon going to my local record store, I noticed that this specific title has been reissued...

Can anyone give any feedback on the mastering/pressing quality of the new reissue?

16. JamesRR

I have it. I'm very pleased with it. And the pressing quality on my copy was great.
    My go-to CD version of this is the UK Rocket version from '87 but I prefer the new vinyl now in that format.

oneslip17 likes this.
  17. oneslip17

oneslip17 Forum Resident

Awesome! Thanks for the info. I will pick this one up next time I'm at the record store.

18. Jayseph

Jayseph Somewhere Between Penny Lane & Alphabet St.

:wave:Another recommendation for this reissue.

oneslip17 likes this.
  19. JamesRR

Apparently the Friends soundtrack was remastered and pressed on marble pink vinyl recently and is out in a limited release.

Solly Bridgetower likes this.
  20. Solly Bridgetower

Solly Bridgetower Elton is my golden God of music. Deal with it.

Still can't believe there was no 50th anniversary Madman deluxe vinyl.

21. JamesRR

Would've loved a Deluxe CD with the album but also the BBC solo concert where he did many of the songs from the album, right around its release.
    I guess there was so much going on this year they didn't bother.

22. JamesRR

Looking online now, it seems Elton's 2017 vinyl reissues are unavailable. Not sure if they're going to be repressed, but nobody seems to have inventory of a number of the titles.

23. JamesRR

24. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Yeah, that's the one fans have been waiting for. :laugh:

marcb likes this.
  25. crazywater

crazywater Dangerous Dreamer...

I would love to see a reissue of Made In England and The One. Also I'd love to see a reissue of Greatest Hits and maybe GH Volume 2 as well.

JamesRR and Solly Bridgetower like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.