Elusive Disc - 30% of ORG & Stockfish titles!

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Briskit, Nov 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briskit

Briskit “I don’t know karate, but I know ka-razy!” Thread Starter

Music - Page 1 - Elusive Disc

Wow - don't think I've ever seen ORG (Original recordings Group) this heavily discounted.
    A lot of these titles are close to OOP so snap 'em up.
    I grabbed 8!

Twinsfan007 likes this.
  2. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

It's great that many of the titles are 30% off of up to 5x above retail. The ORG Ah Um 45rpm. You can now get it at 30% off of $330! As we might say in Boston, "a bahgin!" :laugh:

astro70 and Briskit like this.
  3. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

This reminds me of the time a long-time Boston area department store, Lechmere Sales, went out of business. They had a "Going Out of Business Sale". At first, they advertised "Up to 40% off!". Then it was "Up to 50%", then "70%". But I had been a long-time customer of the store. And what I noticed is that the labeled retail prices were much higher than they ordinarily were, so the 40% off an item might actually have only been a 10% discount in reality.

Later, I learned that these Going Out Of Business sales were often sort of phony, with outside companies coming in, marking items up, then marking them down from that marked up price to give the non-informed buyer the sense that the sale price was a bargain. This was long before the internet and smartphones, so there was no way to do quick comparison shopping. So for those who think paying $240 for the ORG of Ah Um is a bargain, more power to you.

moomoomoomoo likes this.
  4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

I don't know if they're still around, but Gordon Brothers was one of the largest liquidators around, who specializes(d) in this exact practice.

AnalogJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.