Elvis: 24 Karat Hits Gold CD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MJM, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJM

MJM Forum Resident Thread Starter

I'm about 675 years late, but I finally bought a CD of Elvis Presley "24 Karat Hits" on DCC. I found a used copy, and since I didn't have to mortgage my soul or sell my eventual first offspring, I decided to buy it.

For The Hoffmeister, just add my praise to the endless list of people who thoroughly enjoy your work on this title. I'm right in the middle of my re-emergence into the vinyl world, but I'm definitely going to purchase the occasional CD (and plenty of SACD's) in the future, so keep 'em coming! :thumbsup:

P.S. I have 24 Karat Hits sitting right next to Elvis 30 #1 Hits. I wonder which one I'll reach for when I want to hear a little bit of The King? :D

MJM

2. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

So come on, what was the price of admission????

3. MJM

MJM Forum Resident Thread Starter

I paid $70, and here's what really excited me. The item was listed as either "Good" or "Very Good." All of a sudden I can't recall which. Anyway, this item could've easily been listed as MINT. The CD, all inserts & the slipcase were perfect, IMHO. With the exception of a MINOR scuff on the outside of the lift-lock jewel case, this item was truly mint.

I love sellers who grade conservatively. With some of the prices I see listed for this item, I feel lucky to finally have it in my collection!

MJM

4. Evan

Evan Senior Member

Great disc, huh. Some of Steve's best work, IMO. To bad he was not able to do Volume Two..... :(

5. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

One of Steve's best mastering jobs, IMO. My jaw dropped when "Stuck On You" came over the speakers. One of those "Hoffman Moments".

The cover is pretty snazzy too!

Another Evan

6. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I've had some listed as mint and they were sealed with no mention of being sealed. A nice bonus!!!!

7. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

That is certainly one of the ultra-best-gotta-haveit DCC's!

8. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

My jaw-dropping moment was hearing "Are You Lonesome To-Night".

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

A definite winner. Easily worth $70. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

10. mrstats

mrstats Senior Member

I agree. It's a winner.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.