Elvis Costello & The Imposters new album: The Boy Named If

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LandHorses, Oct 27, 2021.

1. dee

dee Senior Member

Into The Groove, EC's got good Madonna taste.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  2. dee

dee Senior Member

In Interview: Elvis the Charming :) Refreshing :)

3. DeeThomaz

DeeThomaz Senior Member

This is the closest that comes to mind:

C6H12O6 likes this.
  4. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Not an EC show, but I saw Elvis and Diana guest together at a Furthur show at Radio City, 2011(?)

C6H12O6 and DeeThomaz like this.
  5. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes Thread Starter

New East Coast Imposters tour starting the moment the Gramercy run ends

News | Elvis Costello

One of them - 2/26 Wellmont Theater, Montclair, NJ - is 10 minutes away from home.

Presale is tomorrow morning.

6. Go. They were great on the last go round

Lars Medley and rednoise like this.
  7. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

There are three shows in reach of Boston. Yay!

8. I’d love for him to perform Back on My Feet. Yes, I know it’s primarily a Paul song but it’s a gem. As far as I can recall, Paul hasn’t played it live ever.

9. LandHorses

I will. Already have seen 7 Boy Named If shows……3 a couple months ago and 4 last October.

No passwords yet…..and can’t tell from his site if he’s doing his own presale, or if it’s all TicketMaster this time.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. C6H12O6

C6H12O6 Senior Member

The Boy Named If got a Grammy nomination FWIW - "best rock album." Wouldn't mind seeing it winning, but Crawler by Idles is the most deserving nominee, and Spoon's Lucifer on the Sofa is very good too.

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Saw Elvis in Boston over the Summer and...not grat at all. Voice was really bad, with no control.

phillyal1 likes this.
  12. Leugi

Leugi Forum Resident

Once people reach a certain age they are going to have off nights….just the nature of live performances…

13. KLM

KLM Senior Member

Anyone have the presale code?

14. JerseyPride

JerseyPride Forum Resident

For the first leg of this tour, there was no code. A link to buy tickets just appeared on the EC site at the designated presale time. I expect (or at least hope) that will be the case for this leg too.

15. LandHorses

The Gramercy email had the password on it. Yesterday’s didn’t.

A little concerned as presale is in 4 minutes

16. KLM

KLM Senior Member

If you got an email, go to the link and as "JerseyPride" indicated, the link to the presale will appear.

Interesting as for my venue it let's you buy tickets for a preselected area described as "Pit Sections, Rows AA to BB & Orchestra Sections, Rows A to H"

I'm guessing this section is general admission or will they pick the seats for you on a first come first served order.

17. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I got right in at 10am for the Wellmont, Montclair, NJ - about 15 to 20 minutes (depending on the traffic lights on Bloomfield Ave) from my home. Tickets were a bit more expensive than I wanted to spend, and it did give you a choice of areas to sit. I choose Loge Row A. The Loge has 3 rows, AA, A and B. I love sitting in the Loge at the Wellmont as it give you an almost (if in row A) direct sightline to the stage without anyone else in your way. I prefer row AA (sat there many times) , but it didn't seem that it was available when I ordered.

I only purchased one ticket, that I have to pick-up at the Venue the day of the show. It says that my seat location will be sent to me with 2-3 weeks of purchase.

It seems like most of the good tickets were $179.00 (which is what my ticket cost).

The entire show is reserved seating, no general admission.

It seems like the tickets on the floor closest to the stage were $239.00 but I decided I didn't want to spend that much. Every other choice was not preferable to me as sitting in the Loge (which has great sightlines to the stage). They had Orchestra, but depending on where you sit, since the orchestra floor is relatively flat even with chairs, it may be hard to see. They had "Premier Seating" - which is actually the same distance from the stage as the Loge, just on the lower level and you have to look over a lot of heads.

Anyway, glad to get to see Elvis again, as it has been a few years since my last Elvis show, and since 2019 I haven't been to any shows due to Covid. This may be my first since the pandemic started.

Davido likes this.
  18. JerseyPride

I'm also heading solo to this show. I grabbed row AA in the bar section.

19. MikeT

Yeah - I noticed those tickets were about $60.00 less than the seat I selected. See you there. :)

JerseyPride likes this.
  20. LandHorses

I got screwed, but see what happens

Montclair - I did Orchestra row C to H. It processed my order for 20 minutes, then timed out. Did Orchestra C-H again and went through. I probably got row H. (I didn’t want to do closer. Wellmont has a high stage. Been there front row before, and was straining my neck to look up all night).

Also did Port Chester somewhere on the floor.

21. MikeT

Yeah I sat in the front row twice for reserved shows at the Wellmont, and it was hard to keep watching the show - you did have to strain to look up - and these shows were not the kind where people stood up.

The last time Elvis played the Wellmont, on the revolver tour, I bought pre-sale tickets and sat in the 2nd and 3rd rows for the two shows respectively. Those seats were better than being much closer by one row.

Well - see you there!! :) (Although since I have Loge seats I won't be allowed to come onto the Lower Level).

LandHorses likes this.
  22. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

They pick the seats.

We're both looking at the DC show.

$150/ticket is more than I want to pay for EC, so I'll wait for the general onsale and get cheaper tickets then.

Kinda annoyed that they don't allow presale access to all price levels.

23. JerseyPride

On the other hand, the presale direct from EC avoids about $30 in TM fees.

Oatsdad likes this.
  24. chickendinna

chickendinna Homegrown’s All Right With Me

It looks like Elvis will release the sessions he recorded at Memphis Magnetic earlier in the year. One of the tracks he did is a reworking of Magnificent Hurt with the Japanese duo Kimiko in Japanese. There were a handful of shows on both sides of the Atlantic that were professionally recorded so it looks like Elvis will be very active in 2023.

25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, fees seemed relatively low.

Went with Charlottesville. Went there for college and old classmate will go with me for a concert/nostalgia trip! :)

Cville was $42 less per ticket than DC. About $20 fees per ticket through EC.com.