Elvis' Golden Records Volumes 1-5 - What Should The Track Listing Really Be?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thnkgreen, Jun 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura! Thread Starter

I'm spinning volume 4 at the moment. Elvis' version of 'What'd I Say' has energy, but still - I don't like it LOL. For those of you familiar with volumes 1 through 5 of the original series, which tracks (in your opinion) really are not 'golden'? It's been a while since I listened to volume 2, but I remember not being impressed with that volume the last time I listened to it as well, even if it does have the iconic golden lamé suit on the cover. Also, the pacing of volume 4 is very up and down - a very quick 'Please Don't Drag That String Around', then a melancholy 'Indescribably Blue'. Any tracks left off the series in general that you consider Elvis' 'real' golden record(s)?

2. thnkgreen

thnkgreen Sprezzatura! Thread Starter

I've got to say - Volume 3 has to be one of the greatest albums made by anyone. ever.

cwitt1980 likes this.
  3. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Vol 1-4 are exactly what they are supposed to be. Singles not released on albums compiled in 4 easy volumes.
    Vol 5 is a posthumous compile, that doesn't follow the same format. It is highly debatable what should be on there... as I don't really listen to compiles much, I am not fussed about it.

4. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

I used to have the LPs.

Now I have the 5 cds. Loaded with bonus tracks. Love 'em.

mark winstanley likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.