Elvis On Tour - Legacy Edition Box set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MRamble, Jul 23, 2022.

1. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident Thread Starter

It is finally happening!

August 14
    SONY LISTENING PARTY
    2:00 pm. Guest House Theater, The Guest House at Graceland.
    Tickets: Free. Tickets available to reserve July 26
    Learn about the upcoming Elvis On Tour release in this special panel, where Ernst Jorgensen will “unbox” this exciting new CD box set and gives the audience a detailed preview of the unreleased music included in it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  2. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Thanks for posting.

3. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

Hmmm, I await the results with keen anticipation.

4. MRamble

5. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Hoping that a 4K restored film complete with outtakes will follow suit...

6. WhatDoIKnow

WhatDoIKnow I never got over it, I got used to it

7. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Where's a purchase link?

MRamble likes this.
  8. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

No link yet. It's scheduled for release in November.

9. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Awesome. Thank you.

RSteven, minkahed and MRamble like this.
  10. minkahed

minkahed Forum Resident

I've been waiting for this stuff to come out since I was a kid, and fell in love with the original Elvis on Tour film.

I just hope that if they're going to release a live show, that it is the one from Hampton Roads, Virginia.

11. Zappateer

Zappateer Forum Resident

Awaiting details

khanrahan and MRamble like this.
  12. JimmyCool

JimmyCool Elvis Presley Expert

Awesome (and long overdue)!

RSteven and MRamble like this.
  13. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

Lord, let me live long enough to buy this and listen to it a few times. Dream come true. Any video release would be a nice bonus. I would be ecstatic with just the Hampton Roads show.

Tim Bucknall, RSteven, mgb70 and 9 others like this.
  14. MRamble

I have no idea why but I'm going to buy myself TWO copies of this mutha'

mpayan, RSteven, minkahed and 3 others like this.
  15. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident

Being from Greensboro, it would be a treat to get that show in full, in higher quality than the boots

16. DaleClark

DaleClark Forum Resident

Were any of the live shows featured in the movie completely recorded? I wonder why they did not film any portions from the Madison square garden shows?

17. MRamble

"That's a good question. Colonel? Why is it they couldn't film at the Garden?"

18. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Finally. This is the Royal Albert Hall Jimi Hendrix for us Elvis fans!

(now lets get the Hendrix out too and the world may end)

alchemy, smoke, Tim Bucknall and 6 others like this.
  19. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

Finally! This may be the last "new" Elvis release that I really want for my collection (words I'm sure I'll eat someday). Let's hope we get all of the shows recorded on multi-track like we did with the 1969 Vegas and the 1970 TTWII sets.

20. MRamble

Wow I never even thought of it like that. I'd love it if it were like the 1970 TTWII set but would love it even more if it was more like the 1969 set.

I don't know how many total multitracks they have in the vault for this period? I think besides these On Tour shows it's just one or two winter Vegas shows and that's it for multis for that year...?

Hopefully someone way more knowledgeable can confirm

RSteven and croquetlawns like this.
  21. D-rock

D-rock Senior Member

Guesstimate on cost??

And this is audio and video?

MRamble likes this.
  22. s320no

s320no Forum Resident

The highlights being the Hampton Roads and Richmond concerts for me. I just hope they´re both complete. The Richmond concert should be as I have it on both cd and vinyl. The Hampton Roads recording though...is it complete or is the tape in fact damaged and missing what is said to be the best version of Never Been To Spain?

There really was something special about these two concert dates. Elvis´voice seemed stronger, more focused and controlled and he attacked the songs at a totally different and powerful manner than what was the case in Greensboro and San Antonio.

Do they have «snippets» or songs from the afternoon concert on April 9th too...? Included in the box set I mean? That concert includes perhaps the best and most energetic performance of Jailhouse Rock since the ´68 Comeback Special, and »officially» nothing is said to have been recorded or filmed at that concert.

Also, I am looking forward to hear what in my opinion is the most »touching and dramatic» and beautifully delivered version of It´s Over in perfectly balanced sound together with the thunderous reaction from the audience in Richmond on April 10th.

Will there be a vinyl edition of some sort too...?

Trond

minkahed, dee, Allen Michael and 8 others like this.
  23. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

I should imagine it is just the original 1972 film version.
    But on UK Sky Arts TV this Friday evening the are showing the/a film ...... but it says New:Elvis on Tour.
    But before it there are also 2 of his 'other' earlier Hollywood films Girl Happy and Jailhouse Rock which are also titled as new ...... so me thinks they are just the usual fayre...... but premier for this Tv channel.

dee, RSteven, MRamble and 1 other person like this.
  24. Bink

Bink Forum Resident

I suspect it would just be audio as the video is owned by MGM.

Baz Luhrmann recently suggested that he would like to do a 'redux' of Elvis on Tour and TTWII using material not used in the original cuts. Would be great if it happens, but again I assume this would require agreement from MGM.

25. bobgeorge

bobgeorge Forum Resident

“Elvis On Tour” was filmed two months earlier. To invest money for filming at MSQ was not obvious. Surely not for Parker.

If you think and look, about the MSQ concerts, afterwards, it of course should have been captured on film professionally. They are legendary concerts in any way, as Elvis Presley never returned to this famous building.

minkahed, caravan70, Iceman08 and 6 others like this.