Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, Oct 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product Thread Starter

It is certainly a chocolate assortment without an ID sheet :)

2. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

Elvis For Everyone is a strong contender for my least-favourite Elvis album. I really only enjoy a few of the songs in isolation, and although some of the others can sound good with the right context, the overall balance and sequencing for EFE is rather unsatisfying to me. And then there's the overdubbed Tomorrow Night, which is far worse than anything the RPO ever did to Elvis' work, imo.

Ironically, the FTD is one of my favourites, if only because the fantastic Disc 2 gives us a bunch of odds & ends that are good enough to stand alongside any other outtakes that FTD's given us over the years.

mark winstanley likes this.
  3. I love the brutal honestly of the cover with the cash register so prominent.

croquetlawns, JLGB, Revelator and 2 others like this.
  4. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident

I have always LOVED Elvis For Everyone! Just about all his vocal styles (up to that date) are represented. Again, I had no idea when each song was recorded other than the 4 soundtrack songs, but one could come pretty close by guessing. Again, it is weird that Elvis did not think Your Cheatin' Heart, When It Rains nor I Met Her Today were satisfactory. I think they are all fantastic. The weakest tune on the LP is Sound Advice.

Dave112, artfromtex, JLGB and 3 others like this.
  5. mark winstanley

Easy reference guide
    1959 home recording
    - Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Feb 23 1960
    Touch Of Gold Vol 3 EP

Mar 23 1960
    Stuck on you Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Fame And Fortune Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Apr 6 1960
    Elvis Is Back
    track 1 Make Me Know It Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Fever Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Girl Of My Best Friend Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 I Will Be Home Again Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 Dirty Dirty Feeling Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 Thrill Of Your Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 Soldier Boy Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 Such A Night Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 It Feels So Right Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Girl Next Door Went a Walkin' Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 Like A Baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 Reconsider Baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

May 12 1960
    Elvis - Frank Sinatra show

Jul 5 1969

It's Now Or Never Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Mess O' Blues Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Oct 1 1960
    GI Blues
    track 1 Tonight Is So Right For Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 What's She Really Like Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Frankfort Special Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 Wooden Heart Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 GI Blues Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 Pocket Full Of Rainbows Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 Shoppin' Around Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 Big Boots Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 Didja Ever Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Blues Suede Shoes (revisited) Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 Doin' The Best I Can Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Nov 1 1960
    Are You Lonesome Tonight Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Live 1972 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    I Gotta Know Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Nov 23 1960
    His Hand In Mine
    track 1 His Hand In Mine Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 I;m Gonna Walk Dem Golden Stairs Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 In My Fathers House Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 Milky White Way Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 Known Only To Him Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 I Believe In The Man In The Sky Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 Joshua Fit The Battle Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 He Knows Just What I Need Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 Swing Down Sweet Chariot Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Mansion On the Hilltop Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 If We Never Meet Again Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 Working On The Building Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Feb 7 1961
    Surrender Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Lonely Man Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Mar 25 1961
    Pearl Harbour Concert - Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Apr 21 1961
    Flaming star EP
    track 1 Flaming Star Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Summer Kisses Winter Tears Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Are You Lonesome Tonight Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 It's Now Or Never Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

May 2 1961
    I Feel So Bad Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Wild In The country Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

May 19 1961
    Something For Everybody
    track 1 There's Always Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Give Me The Right Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 It's A Sin Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 Sentimental Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 Starting today Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 Gently Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 I'm Comin' Home Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 In your Arms Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 Put The Blame On Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Judy Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 I Want You With Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 I Slipped I Stumbled I Fell Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Aug 8 1961
    His Latest Flame Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Little Sister Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Oct 20 1961
    Blue Hawaii
    track 1 Blue Hawaii Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Almost always True Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Aloha Oe Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 No More Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 Can't help Falling in love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 Rock a-hoola baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 Moonlight Swim Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 Ku'uipo Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 Ito Eats Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Slicin' Sand Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 Hawaiian Sunset Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 Beach Boy blues Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 13 Island Of Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 14 Hawaiian Wedding Song Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Nov 21 1961
    Can't help falling in Love/Rock-a-Hula Baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Feb 27 1962
    Good Luck Charm Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Anything That's A Part Of You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Apr 1962
    Follow That Dream EP
    track 1 Follow That Dream Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Angel Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 What a Wonderful Life Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 I'm Not The Marrying Kind Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

June 5 1962
    Pot Luck
    track 1 Kiss Me Quick Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Just For Old Time Sake Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Gonna Get back home Somehow Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 (such an) Easy question Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 Steppin' Out Of Line Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 I'm Yours Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 Something Blue Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 Suspicion Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 I Feel That I've Known you Forever Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Night Rider Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 Fountain Of Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 That's Someone You Never Forget Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

July 17 1962
    She's Not You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Just Tell her Jim Said Hello Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Aug 28 1962
    Kid Galahad EP
    track 1 King Of The Whole Wide World Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 This Is Living Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Riding The Rainbow Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 Home Is Where The Heart Is Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 I Got Lucky Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 A Whistling Tune Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Oct 2 1962
    Return To Sender Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Where Do You Come From Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Nov 9 1962
    Girls Girls Girls
    track 1 Girls Girls Girls Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 I Don't Wanna Be Tied Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Where Do you Come From Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 I Don't Want To Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 We'll Be Together Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 A Boy Like Me, A girl Like You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 Earth Boy Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 Return To Sender Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 Because Of Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Thanks To The Rolling Sea Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 Song Of The Shrimp Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 The Walls Have Ears Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 13 We're Coming in Loaded Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Jan 29 1963
    One Broken Heart For Sale Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    They Remind Me too Much of You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Apr 10 1963
    It happened At The World's Fair
    track 1 Beyond The bend Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Relax Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Take Me To The Fair Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 They Remind Me Too Much Of You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 One Broken Heart For Sale Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 I'm falling In love Tonight Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 Cotton Candy Land Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 World Of Our Own Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 How Would You Like To Be Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Happy ending Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

June 18 1963
    Devil In Disguise Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Please Don't Drag that String Around Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Aug 12 1963
    Elvis Golden Records Vol. 3
    1 It's Now or Never Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    2 Stuck on You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    3 Fame and Fortune Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    4 I Gotta Know Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    5 Surrender Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    6 I Feel So Bad Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    7 Are You Lonesome Tonight? Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    8 (Marie's the Name) His Latest Flame Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    9 Little Sister Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    10 Good Luck Charm Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    11 Anything That's Part of You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    12 She's Not You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Oct 1 1963
    Bossa Nova Baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    remix Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Witchcraft Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Nov 1 1963
    Fun In Acapulco
    track 1 Fun In Acapulco Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Vino, Dinero Y Amor Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Mexico Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    (take 7) a better version Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 El Toro Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 Marguerita Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 Bullfighter Was A Lady Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 No Room to Rhumba In A Sports Car Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 Bossa Nova Baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 You Can't Say no In Acapulco Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 Guadalajara Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 Love Me Tonight Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 13 Slowly But Surely Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Feb 10 1964
    Kissin' Cousins Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    It Hurts Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

6. mark winstanley

Apr 2 1964

Kissin' Cousins - Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 1 Kissin' Cousins 2 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Smokey Mountain Boy Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 There's Gold In The Mountains Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 One Boy, Two Little Girls Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 Catchin' On Fast Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 Tender Feeling Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 Anyone Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 Barefoot Ballad Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 Once Is Enough Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Kissin Cousins Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 Echoes Of Love Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 Long Lonely Highway Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Apr 28 1964
    What'd I Say Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Viva Las Vegas Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

May 1964
    Viva Las Vegas
    track 1 Viva Las Vegas Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Yellow Rose Of Texas/Eyes Of Texas Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 The Lady Loves Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 C'mon everybody Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 Today Tomorrow And Forever Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 The Climb Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 What'd I Say Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 Santa Lucia Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 If You Think I Don't Need You Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 I Need Somebody To Lean On Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 Nightlife Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 Do The Vega Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 13 You're The Boss Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Jul 14 1964
    Such A Night Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Never Ending Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Oct 20 1964
    Roustabout
    track 1 Roustabout Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Little Egypt Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Poison Ivy League Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Track 4 Hard Knocks Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 It's A Wonderful World Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 Big Love Big Heartache Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 One Track Heart Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 It's Carnival Time Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 Carny town Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 There's A Brand New Day On The Horizon Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 Wheels On My Heels Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

I'm A Roustabout Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Sep 22 1964
    Aint That Loving you Baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Ask Me Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Nov 3 1964
    Blue Christmas/Wooden Heart Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Feb 9 1965
    Do The Clam/You'll Be Gone Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Mar 2 1965
    Girl happy
    track 1 Girl Happy Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 2 Spring Fever Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 3 Fort Lauderdale Chamber Of Commerce Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 4 Startin' Tonight Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 5 Wolf Call Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 6 Do Not Disturb Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 7 Cross My Heart And Hope to Die Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 8 The Meanest Girl In town Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 9 Do The Clam Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 10 Puppet On A String Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 11 I've Got To Find My Baby Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    track 12 You'll Be Gone Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Apr 6 1965
    Crying In The Chapel/Wooden Heart Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Jun 8 1965
    Easy Question/ It Feels So Right Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Jun 15 1965
    Tickle Me EP

Aug 10 1965
    Elvis For Everyone

Misc reference
    Press conference Mar 7 1960 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Interview Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Interview Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    Interview August 1962 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties
    interview 72 Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

Rare Footage Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

The missing album "For The Asking" Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties thanks @czeskleba

Ginny Tui Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

news clipping Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt2 The Sixties

7. SKATTERBRANE

Quoting the article: "RCA opted not to include it as part of its reissue program,..." Well the LP remained in print with its LSP catalog number until 1977 when it was replaced with a reissue under the AFL1 catalog number until 1982 when it was replace buy the AYL1 (Best Buy Series) in 1982. This last LP version would have remained in print until RCA stopped making LPs, sometime in 1990 in the US. In EU RCA made new Elvis releases on LP for a couple more years.

As for CDs, it was issued first in 1990 with an alternate take of In My Way and the dubbed version of Tomorrow Night is at the faster correct speed. It was replaced in 1995 with the correct master of In My Way. It was also in the 20CD box 20 Original Albums, this time Tomorrow Night is back to the slower version that first appeared on the LP. And it is also in the 60CD Album collection. So, RCA/BMG/Sony never let it become unavailable.

Other than the FTD, the best sounding CD version is the one that came in the 20 CD box, as the one in the Album Collection adds reverb on a couple of songs.

There are also other differences between the various CDs. Some songs on some CD retain the horrible ERS, some opt for Mono. It has always confused me as to why Chet Atkins did not record the Tomorrow Night overdubs in stereo. I actually like the sound and arrangement of those overdubs. But I had no idea back in the day it was a Sun recording, having the vocals slowed down (to make Elvis sound more mature) fooled me.

clhboa, NumberEight, DirkM and 2 others like this.
  8. DirkM

DirkM Forum Resident

Do you happen to have a breakdown as to which CDs have which oddities (ERS, mono, etc.)? The only edition of EFE that I have is the FTD, but it seems like I might need to pick up some others.

mark winstanley and Shawn like this.
  9. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Can we please get back to our discussion of Las Vegas for a minute fellas. Just kidding!:winkgrin:

I am with @SKATTERBRANE ALL THE WAY, to quote a Sinatra song. I know this is more or less a compilation album, but in reality it makes for one of Elvis's finest studio albums to my ears. My very favorite part of Elvis's musicality is the versatility of his voice and it shows in spades on this album. You have got Elvis singing Hank Williams, down and dirty blues and some lovely movie ballads. I mean, what is their not to love on this splendid album. It should not be a strong contender for one of his better albums, because of the way it was put together, but to me it is simply a marvelous sounding album to my ears, one of his very best of the sixties.

Iceman08 and mark winstanley like this.
  10. When I was a kid getting in to Elvis, I don’t ever remember seeing this album in the stores (this would be 1974-1980). I knew it existed due to seeing it on inner-sleeves (and using a magnifying glass to make out the song titles!) but I can’t recall seeing this till I saw used copies at record shows. Even today, it’s one I don’t often see on vinyl, relative to other Elvis albums.

Between this album’s title (Elvis for Everyone) and Something for Everybody, they sure covered the market ;)

RSteven and mark winstanley like this.
  11. SKATTERBRANE

Well if you are a completest, then you need all of them, for no two are alike. But the FTD is the way to go if you only had one to choose. I USED to have it all categorized on a pad of paper but for some reason I did not email the details to myself. The 1990 one sounds the worst. The one in the 20 CD box sounds the best (even though it has ERS on Tomorrow Night..too bad). The one in the 60CD box as Tomorrow Night in mono, thankfully. And Sound Advice is in ERS on some and mono on others. In My Way and Forget Me Never, if I recall are either in ERS or true stereo on various versions.

I am not in the mood to go back and listen to all of them to write down all the differences at this time. This title is but one example of having significant differences among the various releases of a certain title on CD. Welcome To My World is another.

I personally would never seek out a CD if ERS is the ONLY difference as I wish ERS was never implemented by RCA.

DirkM and mark winstanley like this.
  12. SKATTERBRANE

I definitely saw it in the Best Buy series in stores new. I scoured the LP bins every place, every time wherever I went for Elvis LPs. It was my obsession. Right before and right after his death, RCA pretty much reissued everything and even brought back titles that were deleted from the catalog back in 1968/69.

Iceman08, clhboa, RSteven and 2 others like this.
  13. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

“Elvis For Everyone” is an eclectic, surprisingly fun collection. On paper, it is another hodgepodge compilation, but it works. The FTD reissue was a pleasant surprise, particularly disc two.

14. ClausH

ClausH Senior Member

The only true stereo tracks that appeared on the stereo lp were:

Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers
    Memphis, Tennessee
    For the Millionth and the Last Time
    Santa Lucia
    I Met Her Today

The other tracks were ERS'ed on the stereo version. The original stereo mixes can be found on the Elvis For Everone disc in The Album Collection with the exception of I Met Her Today, which is drier than the original mix.

The ERS version of Tonorrow Night was released on The Complete Masters. The intro was also clipped.

No stereo mixes of the mono tracks were released during Elvis' lifetime.

This UK budget release cut by Bob Jones contains the mono tracks in true mono and the stereo tracks in stereo.
    Elvis Presley - Elvis For Everyone!

RSteven, Shawn, SKATTERBRANE and 2 others like this.
  15. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

It's not true that he wasn't going into the studio. At the time Elvis for Everyone was released, he had already completed both Harum Scarum (February/March 1965) and Frankie and Johnny (May 1965), and had just started work on Paradise Hawaiian Style. When Elvis met the Beatles in August 1965 he told John Lennon that he didn't have time to record a studio album because he was too busy with the movies, and he was definitely being honest about that.

I think the problem was that Tickle Me bumped Harum Scarum down further on the schedule, since they couldn't release two films so close together. Yet Tickle Me didn't have a soundtrack album, so that created the "need" for Elvis for Everyone on the LP release schedule. As we discussed earlier, they could have prevented this problem by releasing a Tickle Me soundtrack LP, and it's unclear why they did not.

Elvis for Everyone actually was kind of a groundbreaking album, and it doesn't often get credit for what it is: the very first odds and sods album compiling previously-unreleased outtakes from across an artist's career. To the best of my knowledge, there was no such rock album before this, but they became fairly common in subsequent decades (Odds and Sods by the Who, Great Lost Kinks Album, Metamorphosis and Tattoo You by the Stones, McCartney's unreleased Cold Cuts and many more).

16. mark winstanley

Thanks for the clarification.

17. mark winstanley

Your Cheating Heart
    Written By :
    Hank Williams

Recorded :

Radio Recorders, Hollywood, February 1, 1958: February 1, 1958. take 10

This version of the classic Hank Williams song has a really nice swing to it. On paper it seems like a poor choice to open the album, but the reality it comes in nicely and is a good lead off track.

Iceman08, Tord and clhboa like this.
  18. mark winstanley

Summer Kisses Winter Tears
    Written By :
    Jack Lloyd, Ben Weisman & Fred Wise

Recorded :

Radio Recorders, Hollywood, August 8-9, October 7, 1960: August 8, 1960. take 20

This is a good track that is somewhat like a cowboy ballad. It has that walking down the trail on your horse feeling, and it works on that level very well.
    As I say looking at the track listing on paper the album seems a little weak, but when you actually listen to it, it comes across very well.

Tord, clhboa, Brian Mc and 1 other person like this.
  19. SKATTERBRANE

I really like both songs. Readers Digest accidently used take 9 of You Cheatin' Heart and it has even MORE swing.

20. SKATTERBRANE

A different version of Summer Kisses Winter Tears was used in Flaming Star but was pulled when the test audience laughed at it:

Tord, artfromtex and mark winstanley like this.
  21. SKATTERBRANE

It was also used in the Wim Wender's movie Until The End Of The World. And Julee Cruise sings it on the soundtrack of the film. I have always liked this song.

Iceman08, Tord and mark winstanley like this.
  22. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Well, right away the album is off to a pretty good start. I like Elvis's version of Your Cheatin' Heart well enough, but Ray Charles' iconic version from the 1960's will never be topped in my opinion. I really like Elvis's delicate voice on Summer Kisses Winter Tears as well. I also wish that I had even a small share of Ben Wiseman's songwriting residuals that he earned on the 57 songs that he wrote for Elvis over the ensuing years.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  23. MaestroDavros

MaestroDavros Forum Resident

Completely agree. Elvis nails the vocal in a way he didn't on the master, at least he does for me. Take 10 (the master) has more precise guitar work from Scotty which may have been more of a concern.

Take 9 was retained on a comp reel because it was deemed to be an alternate master, which is why it still exists today.

RSteven and mark winstanley like this.
  24. Spencer R

Spencer R Forum Resident

Last night I watched Harum Scarum to prepare for its discussion in this thread, and while there are a couple of songs in the soundtrack that I actually like, the movie is even worse than I remembered (I had previously seen it once, decades ago).

25. SKATTERBRANE

It is probably the worst he ever made, it even tops Kissin Cousins!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.