Elvis Presley - The Albums and Singles Thread pt3 The Seventies

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mark winstanley, May 26, 2019.

1. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

I am sorry to hear this. I once knew someone with Eating disorders. Coming from a family ravaged by alcohol and/or drug addiction-I remember finding myself trying to “save” them. I avoided the addiction problems my family had because I spent most of my time in hospitals with Crohns from 13-22. I like to think my illness saved-and even sheltered me.
    Anyway, thanks for sharing. This entire thread (I arrived late and catching up one album and single at a time)is just full of goodness. The strong feelings for Elvis and one another is a picker upper. The all around lack of trolling and great music analysis is icing. Cheers.

2. mark winstanley

mark winstanley 5.1 should be mandatory for my favourite albums Thread Starter

3. RobCos02330

RobCos02330 Forum Resident

Listening to this one as I read this. I agree with you. This is a good one.

RSteven and artfromtex like this.
  4. Iceman08

Iceman08 Forum Resident

That's my opinion, too. The box set looks very nice (with a ca 1970 Elvis for a set of 1973 sessions) and on first sight it screams for soul/ funk/ R&B/ sexy lyrics/ new, rough pumping musicians etc- but in the end to me it's just another MOR country/ ballads Elvis set with lots of depressing lyrics and much too slow typical mid 70s country songs à la Conway Twitty or Narvel Felts.
    People are interested in this because it says "STAX" and Elvis- but I bet in the end most listeners (who are not diehard Elvis fans) won't come back to this set very often.