Elvis - Thast the way it is.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ericpeters, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericpeters

ericpeters Senior Member Thread Starter

I just played my old That's the way it is lp. It is a uk pressing baught about 25 years ago. The record has suffered a lot from an old seventies Goldstar music system with a wornout needle and to much VTF. I want to get a new version of this record.

Is the MFSL version worth looking for or should I just get the CD? (or maybe there is another good vinyl version still available)

2. CM Wolff

CM Wolff Senior Member

I have never looked into all the different versions that may be on the market. However, I would highly recommend the three CD reissue that was released in the last year or two. The album was basically rethought, with rehearsal material, additional concert material, etc. added, turning it into something brand new. Great, great package.

3. sjc

sjc New Member

I have the mo fi cd. I can't say I am that impressed. Maybe it is notes stating that the tape is damaged in places. I also don't think that this was that "hi fi" a recording to begin with. Overall I have been pretty happy with the BMG reissues and that may prove to be the cheapest route to go...

4. ericpeters

ericpeters Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks, that was just what I needed to know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.