Emitt Rhodes's music failure- what happened?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Twelvepitch, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igor stravinsky

igor stravinsky Forum Resident

I hadn't seen this video before...

WhatDoIKnow and beccabear67 like this.
  2. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

Personally I think Mirror is just as good as the self titled release. It's the perfect sister album. I'm not trying to argue but maybe when you're in the mood, go back to it and give it another try. Maybe if Rhodes had been better promoted or wanted to tour, some wouldn't consider the following albums to be failures. The American Dream album is still decent when you consider it was just a cash-in album using whatever sessions A&M had sitting around. Obviously the Merry Go Round album is for those who like 60's Beatle-esque pop. It's well rounded for a 60's album that's not trying to be a Sgt Pepper. The only album I can't go to often is the final one. Still, 4 out of 5 is a good run and done within a short time.

rob68 and beccabear67 like this.
  3. Clarkophile

Clarkophile Through the Morning, Through the Night

A friend just showed me a clip from an old RPM Magazine (a now-defunct Canadian music trade paper with song/album charts, sort of Canada’s Billboard) and surprisingly, “Fresh as a Daisy” reached #19!

4. rob68

rob68 Senior Member

Stumbled upon this and not sure if it's from One Man Beatles or a new doc or what but some interesting footage.

cwitt1980 likes this.
  5. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

It is from the documentary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.