ender's game

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by zombie dai, Nov 24, 2022.

1. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own Thread Starter

i like the film and just seen there are 19 or so novels. are they worth reading?

2. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

Yes. Just note that the books and the movie aren’t necessarily in sync.

zombie dai likes this.
  3. MARTHY

MARTHY Forum Resident

"Ender's Game" was originally a novella that Scott Card expanded into a full novel. The first two, Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead, are extremely powerful stories and both won major science fiction awards. So I would start with those two and if you are still intrigued enough to continue on, you can check out Wikipedia, which lists all the novels in order. (BTW, in addition to the Ender series there is a follow on Shadow series!)

zombie dai likes this.
  4. zombie dai

zombie dai people live in dreams, but not in their own Thread Starter

thank you!

have you read them all?

5. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

Ender's Game and Speaker For The Dead are absolutely tremendous must-reads. The final two in the original Ender "quad" are more ponderous and philosophical; not terrible, but a big comedown after the first two.

Then Card went back to the events of Ender's Game to tell (some of) the events of that book from Bean's perspective (Ender's Shadow) and then the "further adventures of Bean" (3 remaining Shadow books). All 4 of those are really solid; very enjoyable.

That was followed by Ender In Exile, which was alright, and at that point I flamed out.

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I read the first few books years ago. I remember the first 2 books being pretty good but I lost interest after that. I always thought the original short story was absolutely perfect. Didn't realize there so many books.

7. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

I was always disappointed in the movie vs the 1st book.