Endless Defective Brand New Vinyl

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Talisman954, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

I believe it’s Memphis Record Pressing

2. Micke Lindahl

Micke Lindahl Forum Resident

Ugly! First time I've seen matrix number in the actual track grooves. :p Good thing you got it sorted though. :thumbsup:

sennj likes this.
  3. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Thanks.

Now I know who to blame.

4. John Bliss

John Bliss Forum Resident

Good to hear that about the XTC Black Sea reissue on 200g. I'm interested in picking that up.

sennj likes this.
  5. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

The Amy Grant Christmas album was finally issue on vinyl, though why I don’t know. First, I keep sending them back. Must be Rainbo pressing them...man oh man, off centered noisy junk. Why?? I don’t get it...I can’t see most people keeping them and back they go. I went to the trouble today to actually drill a larger hole in this copy (every single one is off centered and there is a slow piano song at the end, the best track on the album, so you can really hear the off center sound on the piano) and of course, after getting a quiet copy the drill bit slipped and scratched the last track. So, back it goes! And the sound is probably the worse I have ever heard on vinyl...very thin and just crap. How hard is it to just get the master? This is generations away from the master. They need to fire every person that makes these decisions as it’s an “up your’s” to the consumer.

But....overall, it’s getting better. Just not for this album. A shame...usually Christian labels use good suppliers for whatever reason. Sparrow really blew it this time. Amy, hope you read this! Lol.....