EQ For Windows 10 PC

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by holden4th, Dec 2, 2022.

1. holden4th

holden4th Forum Resident Thread Starter

First an apology as I am reposting an earlier thread with a new title. I got no replies and believe that the combination of EQ and Qobuz in the title was the reason. I am positive that someone here will be able to help me.

When I was listening to my LCD1s via my Mac I found a great EQ program called SoundSource. What I loved about it was that you could choose what apps to use with it (Spotify, Youtube, etc) You could also make individual adjustments for each app for volume, eq, etc.

The problem is that SS only works with OSX and not with Windows. Now that I am doing my listening via my PC I want to find a way to slightly boost the sub and lower bass on my Anandas with specific types of music. They are running through WASAPI/Schiit Modi 3+/Asgard3.

Does anyone know of an app/program that will do this for me? I've done some research and the programs I've found seem either too cumbersome or not that easy to use. Researching this online has me going round in circles.

What programs/Apps do you use and why? I'm happy to pay for something that works well.

BruceS likes this.
  2. HIRES_FAN

HIRES_FAN Forum Resident

I have been using a Creative soundblaster AE-7 sound card. Creative's software for the card comes with a PEQ, bass management and so on. If you don't have a sound card for your PC, you could get one.

3. BruceS

BruceS El Sirviente del Gato

Although I cannot help with the PC issue, just wanted to say thanks for mentioning SoundSource, which I'll try on my Macbook Pro. Its being app-specific could be a big help. That said, I'll just note that iTunes (on both Mac & PC) has its own EQ—which I use to slightly boost the bass. It's what I want and like, but it works only within iTunes, not globally.

4. MourningStar

MourningStar Forum Resident

Peace equalizer is a Windows PC interface for Equalizer APO. Unsure if allowed to post the url so just copy-paste the previous sentence into a search engine. This will affect the sound output of the pc so to make it app specific you can customize settings and save for each app. Pretty impressive, and free.