Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival 2013 coming on vinyl: who's buying?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Wes_in_va, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wes_in_va

Wes_in_va Trying to live up to my dog’s expectations Thread Starter

I've caught a bunch of the video of several of these festivals on the Paladia channel and I was blown away by some of the performances. I just saw today that the 2013 version is coming out on a 4 LP set March 11th.
    Who's buying?
    Anyone have any insight as to how this should sound, ie knowledge of who mastered it, where it was pressed and what not??

This might be too hard to pass up.

2. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

You would probably be better off putting cash toward proper sounding vinyl. I doubt it will sound any better than the bluray.
    I enjoyed this release but found Eric's stuff is getting a tad same old to previous offerings, he's not one for shaking it up.

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I prefer the Blu-ray for performances like this. The lossless audio in surround, plus the visual is the perfect combination for me personally.

4. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

Who's playing besides Clapton?

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

a1.jpg

Tullman likes this.
  6. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Blake Mills is a new honorary member, he is a real talent along with all the obvious choices who are also great. Robert Cray never seems to get much space on these releases, wonder if they stitch him on the actual night too.

7. Wes_in_va

Wes_in_va Trying to live up to my dog’s expectations Thread Starter

I'm not all that big on Clapton. I like him for sure, especially in Cream, but I'm not a huge fan by any stretch. It's the other players who shine on this one IMHO.

8. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

I'm thinking of getting this. I hope there are some reviews on the SQ....

Amazon says Rhino is pressing this. Usually theyre pretty good on QC.

9. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I think the sound quality should be good as they were planning on releasing this DVD and Blu ray.

10. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

bump! who bought it? i was hoping for some feedback!

11. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

12. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

no one has bought this?!

13. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Yup me and it arrived about 20 minutes ago, it's on my turntable as I type with "Green Onions" playing away which sounds fabulous.

I just need to buy the Blu Ray now!

Myke likes this.
  14. petercl

petercl Forum Resident

I got mine yesterday. I only played LP 1 side 1 and it was great! The sound was excellent and the record was flat (nb: I am not an audiophile and i have average equipment.) The packaging was also excellent, a huge 4 LP book type foldout with great pictures. Well worth the $45 from Pop Market.

hodgo likes this.
  15. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

Just picked this up off popmarket. Great sound for a live performance. Mastered by Bob Ludwig. (Digital probably). Cut by Chris Bellman at Grundman. Listening to side 1 right now. No issues. Just a light dusting with my carbon fibre brush.

hodgo likes this.
  16. Tony Cuttone

Tony Cuttone New Member

Had my copy for about a week now, finally got a chance to play it tonight. Played all 8 sides: overall sound is well-rounded, bass is punchy, obviously the guitar is highlighted, but without being overbearing or screechy, and it's got nice presence. The pressing quality is very high, vinyl is flat and clean (I'm surprised by how many new albums aren't!), no surface noise or pops/clicks. And of course the music is great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.