Eric Clapton - Nothing But the Blues (CD, Vinyl & Bluray)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

All Down The Line likes this.
  2. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

Bonddm likes this.
  3. Al Gator

Al Gator You can call me Al

That's actually a good price for what's included and I was tempted. But then I thought about it and realized that I have zero interest in vinyl, and the BR would probably get watched once. So that means I'd be paying $85 for the book (which I'd enjoy) and 4 extra songs.

Why couldn't they simply give us a complete show? That would have been an easy purchase.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  4. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

Complete and in the correct running order as long as we're making a wish list! Still bought the CD and Blu Ray of course.

longdist01 and Al Gator like this.
  5. Tom Daniels

Tom Daniels Forum Resident

I wish this was more complete. I wish this was in original order. I wish the packaging was more elaborate than a K-Tel release.

But I keep coming back to the video. I really enjoy this one. The outstanding Clapton album by album thread here already led to me a re evaluation of his solo career. This is further evidence. It’s as good as anything he ever did. I wish this was a higher profile release.

longdist01, its ec, Anthrax and 7 others like this.
  6. One of my favorite things about this Blu-ray is seeing and hearing Clapton playing different guitars other than the usual Strats.

7. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

Yeah, the box set was done very cheaply unfortunately. I would’ve liked to see them go back to the original film and present it in 16:9 that it was undoubtedly shot in and in the correct order. What we did get was a major upgrade from what was out there though.

8. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

It came a couple decades too late for that. But for deep fans, better late than never.

9. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Did anyone compare the CD to the DVD or Blu-ray? Wondering which one has lower DR numbers.

Does the vinyl sound better than either the CD, DVD, or Blu-ray?

10. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident

11. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

12. Tom Daniels

Tom Daniels Forum Resident

13. Scott Barry

Scott Barry Forum Resident

I posted this in the wrong ec thread…

I put an entire show from the Fillmore last 2 nights together from this release, the 4 song bonus disc, and the final 5 unreleased songs from the soundboard bootleg of the Nov 8th show. Wow!!!!

Can’t stop listening. (I made the playlist in Apple Music using the Dolby atmos mix, reordered the songs in proper order, uploaded the 4 song bonus disc, and 5 missing songs from the bootleg, and reordered them). Sound quality is great throughout.

Honestly, this is the way to listen to it.

Clapton was taking us through a history of the blues with the Setlist he made for the tour.

while the NBTB release is great, the playing phenomenal, it’s like reading one chapter in the middle of a book. If you want the entire experience, read the whole thing. IMHO.

14. Al Gator

Several sellers have the deluxe set at $44 plus $4 shipping on Amazon (the link a couple of posts above works), I finally ordered it. I'll believe it's real if it arrives. This will be the first vinyl I've bought in decades, maybe I should break out the old turntable just to play it...

15. Al Gator

Just in case anybody's still looking for this thing, my order of the deluxe set arrived today (from "sellingtales" off the Amazon page). It's the real deluxe edition with LPs, blu-ray, CDs, and other random stuff, well-packaged and promptly shipped, at 80% off retail. I'm happy to finally have this in my hands, as this tour is the one time I've seen Clapton live.

JulesRules, ropiyas, hiterss and 5 others like this.