Eric Clapton - Nothing But the Blues (CD, Vinyl & Bluray)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Daniel Falaschi, Apr 26, 2022.

1. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Thank you for update posts w/ links!

ARK and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  2. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

:bdance:

Oh... wait :shh:

ARK likes this.
  3. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

4. fast'n'bulbous

fast'n'bulbous tight also

So does this mean there will be no From the Cradle Deluxe? Looks like the four "bonus tracks" will be a "bonus CD" in the Nothing But the Blues SDE.

longdist01 and Matthew Tate like this.
  5. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident

I noticed that to.I was expecting 4 unreleased songs from the "From The Cradle" sessions" not 4 from the PBS broadcast.So it is a bit confusing.It now seems all the PR is about the video release.
    Still hoping for new songs from the original album,but there is no listing of that on Amazon yet for the "From The Cradle" deluxe set.

6. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Imwan just changed their original posting from a Super Deluxe Edition of From The Cradle to a Super Deluxe Edition of Nothing But The Blues.

IMWAN post - Warner has decided to build this release around Nothing But The Blues specifically, rather than From The Cradle. The big Super Deluxe Edition box set will be the go-to in order to obtain the bonus tracks. Several other smaller configurations will also be available.

IMWAN • [2022-06-24] Eric Clapton "Nothing But The Blues (Super Deluxe Edition)" 1BD/2CD/2LP box set (Reprise/Rhino)

laf848, Jagger69, supermd and 6 others like this.
  7. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Thanks for posting the press release! I was beginning to wonder if the initial information about a deluxe From The Cradle was incorrect and this seems to be confirm that. The release will be about Nothing But The Blues and I think most fans will be overjoyed about that.

Excited to see that the Blu-ray version will have 20 tracks! Still not the full concert set list but better than the CD including couple of tracks I like such as Crosscut Saw and Driftin! I hope they provide a menu option to watch the performances without the interviews.

The super deluxe seems a bit of a disappointment in context of the retail price (6 times of the Blu-ray). Since I don’t play vinyl, it’s just the 4 bonus tracks and the memorabilia, which I guess I could live without (depends on how awesome that hard cover book is).

For now, enjoy the first NBTB track in all its 4K restored glory!

8. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

What I need is a BR + CD set.

Was there an Amazon UK link? Can't find it now.

9. crossroads69

10. WarEagleRK

The super deluxe is far too expensive for me to get 4 bonus tracks which is all I would want out of it that I can't get with the CD and Bluray.

11. stlblues

stlblues Forum Resident

Any mention of any of this having an Atmos mix.
    I mean why the hell not Atmos music is fantastic!

J_D__ likes this.
  12. crossroads69

Yeah, the SDE is bit weak content wise especially for the retail price asked ($200 or six times the price of the Blu-ray). So I will likely just get the Blu-ray + CD.

For the price, they should’ve included the complete Fillmore recordings from the filmed nights. Those plus the 4 bonus tracks would’ve made a lot more compelling case for the SDE.

13. crossroads69

“Long-awaited 1995 documentary upgraded to 4k and features 20 live performances in hi-res stereo, 5.1 and Atmos mixes”

laf848, Jagger69, supermd and 4 others like this.
  14. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

Like that option, thank you for pointing out finer points on audio mixes!

15. jhm

jhm Forum Resident

One should keep in mind that while it was upscaled to 4K, it won't actually be released in 4K, since it'll be on a standard blu ray. It should still look great, however.

Myke, Say It Right, bbanderic and 2 others like this.
  16. I’m in for the super deluxe. Even the swag looks interesting. Preordered and I’m so excited, I should be investigated! :righton:

17. goodboyfred

goodboyfred Forum Resident

Eric giving the Fillmore West audience a masterclass in guitar playing on Have You Ever Loved A Woman. The Best.

Yankeefan01, Jimbino, RiRiIII and 4 others like this.
  18. Tom Daniels

Tom Daniels Forum Resident

I hope they get the sound right. The boots sound very good, and are more complete. So the real draw will be a great mix that isn’t brickwalled. I love these shows.

19. crossroads69

Looking at the Blu-ray track list, I think we are missing performances of the following from the Nov 8-9 Fillmore shows:

Kidman Blues
    County Jail Blues
    Hoochie Coochie Man
    Third Degree
    I Can’t Judge Nobody
    Early In The Morning

Out of these, we’ve had many live versions of Hoochie Coochie Man over the years from Eric.

We also have a great performance of Third Degree from the 1997 Legends show at the Montreaux Jazz Festival.

20. WarEagleRK

That show was my introduction to Marcus Miller's playing.

longdist01 likes this.
  21. Reid Smith

Marcus is a monster player for sure,playing with Miles Davis to.
    Here is another great song from that Montreux show.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  22. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor

Early In The Morning was a cd bonus track on his Backless lp. In addition, there is a live version on Just One Night. Both also appear on the Blues compilation album.

23. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective Thread Starter

Thanks to the staff for changing the thread's title by the way.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    hodgo, crossroads69, supermd and 2 others like this.
  24. Reid Smith

Sorry if i took us a little off the topic with the Legends clip.Of course still has some EC.

25. JulesRules

JulesRules Weaponized, Deranged Warthog Thug

That's on the LP and the exclusive bonus CD.

Jagger69 and Matthew Tate like this.