Ethernet Cables in for evaluation

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Puma Cat, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ghost rider

ghost rider Forum Resident

:thumbsup:

2. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

That's terrible, just send it to me [email protected], you shouldn't have to suffer like that...

Christophe999s likes this.
  3. Balthazar

Balthazar Forum Resident

Until I saw your email address, I didn't know you worked at an audiophile ethernet cable company.

JohnCarter17, ds58 and Christophe999s like this.
  4. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

"harmonizes electro-smog". Electro-smog? Is this term used anywhere else?

head_unit likes this.
  5. Dominator

Dominator Forum Resident

Lining your house with aluminum foil helps reduce electrosmog:whistle:

JohnCarter17 likes this.
  6. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

Prevents second hand electrosmog at least!

7. Ontheone

Ontheone Poorly Understood Member

You realize this thread is only surviving because of all the posts by ethernet cable bashers, right? I too think ethernet cable is all the same but honestly, what's the point of everyone simply posting the same sentiment page after page?

8. BayouTiger

BayouTiger Forum Resident

Actually it's more about entertainment value at this point. I think all threads get there eventually. I know lots of folks think that once a thread has run it's course it MUST be closed, but what is wrong with just having fun with a topic, it's not a forum discussing brain surgery, it should all be fun here!

Rolltide, Big Blue, head_unit and 2 others like this.
  9. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

The thread evolves. Now it is about the existence of electrosmog. I still don't know if it exists or not.

10. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

No, that edress is [email protected], and our product is actually polished turntable arms. We use a special technique that orients all the electrons inside the turntable arms in a positive direction...taking orders now! Special 0.4% discount for all Forum members!

JohnCarter17 and jmczaja like this.
  11. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Hey! My company also offers specially polished aluminum foil, see previous post, and we hand-sort the electrons for best results. We also electrostatically charge them by rubbing with fur from Schroedinger's cat...

12. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

Can we talk about cannabis smog instead, like what I smelled on the freeway (!?!) today?
    Wow, we've gotten to 31 pages without mentioning The Beatles! A new record!

13. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

...er, oops...

14. Al Gator

Al Gator You can call me Al

That's because they were pre-Ethernet. So obviously Ethernet cables can't possibly impact their sound quality!

15. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

No thanks, I want to know if there is anything called electrosmog.

16. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

Surprisingly this term indeed exists and means "environmental electromagnetic waves". Of any frequency I assume.

17. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

Oh, sounds like the device is some kind of MRI. You don't want one of those in your livingroom.

18. Old Zorki II

Old Zorki II Storm Watcher

Not necessary, it can be electromagnetic radiation of your electronics, phones, appliances (yes, including microwave), etc.
    There were various studies, mildly controversial, which show (or not) how it negatively affect human health.
    But where the problem, must be a solution, right?
    Generally it is advise to simply reduce exposure (do not keep smartphone close to your head, keep monitor away, etc.)
    So what if you can somehow harvest that "smog"? Here comes the aforementioned "device", I assume there are similar ones.
    Unfortunately without any proof or even plausible theory how it will work (never mind laws of physics) in medical world this thing simply would not fly high.
    But then they found people, who believe in anything, used to be fed with pseudoscience crap, conditioned to spend on mysterious devices and gizmos and the most important part - have money to burn.
    In short - audiophiles.

19. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

Yes, but the device was supposed to harmonize the electrosmog which I assume is rectifying it which is exactly what an MRI is doing. However the power of the device might be at lot less... I hope.

20. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

Here is the solution scientifically explained, at the end it was only a matter of changing the caps!

[​IMG]

21. ghost rider

ghost rider Forum Resident

Better post this before it gets closer.
    I followed this with a open mind. As far as these samples go I am unable to distinguish any difference with any of the cables. The Synergistic research$1000+ cable actually caused some kind of an error that prevented playback of any files. Went away when I switched back to the stock cable.
    When I listened to the main speakers I thought they sounded the same too. Maybe my ears and or system are not as good as others. Interesting I could hear other widely considered "snake oil" tweaks like A/C outer upgrade.

jfeldt and elvisizer like this.
  22. Three quid

Three quid Chief Eggplant

Those all sound the same to me

ghost rider likes this.
  23. Thoughtships

Thoughtships Forum Resident

I wish someone had told me my kettle lead was directional...

I put it in the wrong way and boiled the wall.

24. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member

:laugh: As Alanis Morrissette would sing, "Isn't it ironic?"

25. Jim N.

Jim N. 2024 is 1968 sans the great music

This thread may be the new record holder for "most crapped on".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.