Ever bought an album off of tv?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by R79, Nov 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

I was about 10 years old, so I was ok with it. I think the bigger issue was that they were often "re-processed stereo" from mono sources. But like I said, I was very young and psyched just to hear the music.

2. condorsat

condorsat Audio Pragmatist

No but Mom did when I was a kid. It was my first exposure to Classical Music. I can still remember the commercial on TV of the records she bought.

Thievius likes this.
  3. Vic_1957

Vic_1957 Forum Resident

Yeah, there were a few songs on the set that didn't fit, like Amazing Grace and The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.

4. NJ Englishman

NJ Englishman Forum Resident

I’ve often seen these commercials on PBS channels. They start by saying ‘get this 10 CD compilation of classic 60s hits for just $50 in four easy payments of $12.50’, and my mouth starts watering.

Then they start reeling off a list of cheesy one hit wonders... I’m waiting for The Kinks, The Who, Traffic, Rolling Stones, Procol Harum, Grateful Dead, MC5, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Blue Cheer, Vanilla Fudge etc to be mentioned... but no. Not even some great Motown hits.

The 60s had some amazing music, among the best ever made, but it didn’t half have a load of old bollox as well.

5. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

This one... :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  6. Dodoz

Dodoz Forum Resident

"Endless Summer" was released as a single LP in Europe, that's about the same amount of music per side!

Wow. By no means "punk", but still a decent selection of songs, I'd say!

7. Steve Simm

Steve Simm Forum Resident

I never ordered an album from TV but remember seeing a promo for Triumph “Allied Forces” on TV was around 15 or 16 and bought the album because of that. Only time I can remember seeing an ad like that on the television.

dachada likes this.
  8. 7solqs4iago

7solqs4iago Forum Resident

I need it NOWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nicotinecaffeine likes this.
  9. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

You said it!!! What I'd give for a silly K-Tel album commercial these days to break up the daily barrage of commercials for drugs that you shouldn't take if you're allergic to said drug or those endless My Pillow commercials.

Dodoz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.