Ever lost a record and you have no idea where it went?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ANALOGUE OR DEATH, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANALOGUE OR DEATH

ANALOGUE OR DEATH Forum Resident Thread Starter

I feel your pain.

Dubmart likes this.
  2. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Mid 70s Apple
    All I have now is a CD and a picture disk (which I won't play).
    I'm in the market.

Exotiki likes this.
  3. Ivan Aaron

Ivan Aaron What Sells ≠ What Streams

My Yellow Submarine Songtrack CD walked away. I ripped it when I bought it in 2009. Earlier this year I looked for it and it was gone. Checked. Double-checked. Triple-checked. I didn’t like it enough to buy another copy, though.

4. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Stereo Or Mono?

5. x2zero

x2zero Forum Resident

Anyone seen my copy of Parallel Lines?

6. Another Steve

Another Steve Senior Member

I thought about cars that are "totaled" in a car wreck and taken to the junkyard with a CD in the CD player or several CDs in the console that the owner never retrieves. May not realize that the CD(s) is/are missing until much later.

izgoblin and RockRoom like this.
  7. KAJ1971

KAJ1971 Ex-burger flipper/Sapper/book seller, Reg Nurse.

Only lend LP's to one person so not much chance of them not coming back. Only time they've ever been out the house was to avoid a cyclone and they went to a mate's house a bit further away from the beach than my house was.

8. mbrownp1

mbrownp1 Forum Resident

Oh I know where they went. Deadbeat friends of friends stole them at my parties.

Jack Lord likes this.
  9. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

I had a greatest hits LP by Them that I can’t find any more and I can’t even find it on Discogs - maybe I hallucinated the whole thing!

izgoblin and webdoggy like this.
  10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

No.

But I lost a turntable.

;)

11. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

I had a white label promo bob Dylan red vinyl, I was sorting through some of my 45s and couldn't find it even though I had it in my hands seconds ago, I walked around searching (crack) stepped on it :faint:
    I got issues

andrewskyDE, Buddybud, Zeki and 3 others like this.
  12. tribby2001

tribby2001 Forum Resident

I lost an entire stereo! :realmad:

Allthingsmusic likes this.
  13. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

I somehow lost two Olivia Newton-John albums that had been with me since the 70s. I think I lost them just last year. Odd, but easily replaced cheap if I ever want them again.

14. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Gosh I hate that!
    Many years back I would lend stuff to people, and would then have to chase to get them back.
    Sometimes when I did, they were returned damaged as well.
    I don't do that anymore.
    I'll make a copy, but won't give out my own.

15. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

I have a Garrard 4HF that should be in my loft, but extensive searches have found no trace of, which reminds me that also supposedly in my loft and also apparently invisible is a box of Prince and related long box CDs, some sealed. Losing the odd record is nothing compared to the number of artists we've attempted to licence music from who have managed to lose or at least mislay their master tapes though occasionally a good search does turn them up, I think seven years is the current record between us starting the search and the masters being found, I also know of one artist who will remain anonymous who went to the trouble of having all his masters digitised and backed up, unfortunately he then stored the digital backups with the reels and lost everything.

Man at C&A likes this.
  16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

CD for me...as few frustrating times! of course after I bought them again I found the lost CDs, but one time I thought I lost a CD and it was under my shoe getting scratched each time I moved my foot! LOL...it was an Alice In Chains album...LOL.

Zeki likes this.
  17. gillcup

gillcup Senior Member

I have a whole bunch of albums I consider M.I.A. I bought my first CD player in late 1986. At that time I had amassed about 1000 vinyl albums. From that point until around 2005 most all my music purchases were CD's. I stored my vinyl albums in boxes in closets as I didn't listen to vinyl too much. I sold a bunch of my albums, but I always kept track of those sales. There are a bunch of albums that I am positive I didn't sell, but somehow when I had a renewed interest in vinyl, those albums were gone. They must have gotten lost in a move or accidentally thrown out.

18. audiomixer

audiomixer As Bald As The Beatles

She already took it. That was her plan all along.

ARK and expo62 like this.
  19. StarThrower62

StarThrower62 Forum Resident

I lost my Dixie Dregs Bring 'Em Back Alive CD. Of course it's out of print now.

20. mahanusafa02

mahanusafa02 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

21. Greenalishi

Greenalishi Birds Aren’t Real

Yes, yes yes, quite a few. I know i had and can't find. Have no idea where they went. Comical and frustrating.

Buddybud likes this.
  22. MEMark

MEMark Forum Resident

I set a copy of Sting's Dream of the Blue Turtles free one time. Still waiting...

23. MEMark

MEMark Forum Resident

THAT is a bummer. But very nice to see somebody who knows/remembers The Suburbs.

24. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Original Neil Young "Tonight's The Night" lp stolen by an ex-girlfriend probably to give to her other boyfriend who used to beat her up, but some girls like that I guess, good riddance.

25. Tanx

Tanx Forum Resident

I lost a medium-size crate of records about 15 years ago in a move. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.