Ever walked out of a movie?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Strat-Mangler, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

Rocky Horror Picture Show was not for me. Midnight movie, the crowd was a bunch of jerks and I didn't like the movie.

2. I walked out on that film Heat. To this day I still haven't seen it, nor do I recall why I walked out. It's the only film I've ever walked out on.

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) is racist? I looked it up to see if there was any controversy surrounding this flick but I didn't find any. How is it racist?

Jimmy B. likes this.
  3. adm62

adm62 Senior Member

Think he means the 2nd one (Temple of Doom)

4. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker Thread Starter

With Pacino and DeNiro? Good movie but it drags on. I'd cut a half hour out and tighten the pacing to make it better.

GodShifter likes this.
  5. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

I walked out on The-Out-of-Towners. Did NOT find it funny. I wanted to walk out on A Clockwork Orange - way too brutal for me - but I was with a group. Haven’t seen those films since.

6. I didn't walk out, but my wife and I saw Air Force One in a theater when it first came out, and there was a problem with the projector early in the film for about 10-12 minutes (the film was wildly out of focus, iirc). I think I finally went out and found somebody to fix it.

Anyway, I don't think we missed much. But overall, we thought the movie was SO BAD, that on principle -- I asked for my money back (or, rather, credit towards tickets to another movie).

So we didn't walk out, technically -- but I was damn tempted.

7. california_roll

california_roll Memento Mori

Does falling asleep count ?

If so, I "walked out" during Four Christmases.

[​IMG]

8. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I have walked out several times but I have a hard time remembering which ones. I do remember walking out on Under Siege 2. I blame myself since I should have known better after the first one.

9. When In Rome

When In Rome It's far from being all over...

No. I have to see it through to the end and get my moneys worth, come hell or high water!! Besides even with the most rubbish-iest of films it's still something to do while you finish your extra large popcorn and coke...

notesofachord likes this.
  10. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

Several, including

Hardly Working
    Prophecy
    Ernest Goes to Camp
    Jaws 3-D
    Mr. Saturday Night
    Legend
    Who's That Girl?
    Primary Colors
    Face /Off
    Rocky & Bullwinkle

11. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

Some 80's 3D cheesefest called "Treasure of The Four Crowns". I got roped into going with a couple of friends that had never seen a 3D movie before, and they almost immediately regretted it. Plot was cribbed from this, that and the other, laughable special effects, and the dialog poorly dubbed. After 30 minutes we snuck into another theater and watched something else. Can't remember what.

12. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I wanted so bad to walk out of the The Cook, the Thief, but the other guy drove. Horrid film, I saw at least 10 people walk out

If walking out on a dvd counts, I walked out on Ghost World and Chocolat

pcain, Rufus McDufus and Lightworker like this.
  13. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I walked outta Titanic. I knew how it was going to end.

14. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

At the dollar theater my (then) wife and eye walked out of "Lost Highway" which was very boring and caught most of "Selena".

We did the same with "Setting It Off" and went and saw a pretty decent Whoopi Goldberg comedy whose name escapes me right now.

15. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Dr Jekyll & Ms Hyde

Barely made it 30 minutes and had to leave. Luckily this was back when movies were $3.25 with a student ID, so not too much money wasted.

16. Ginger Ale

Ginger Ale Snackophile

Two: Waterworld (amd we returned merely to pick up the people we went with) and some Mel Brooks debacle that I can't even recall the name of. For that last one, it was in a multiplex, so we walked into another movie.

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

not if I paid for it...I went to the movies that I wanted to see full aware of the plot, actors, etc...

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

you had to be warned by the poster! LOL...

caracallac, Kristofa and agaraffa like this.
  19. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I don't remember the movie, but we did walk out of one once because it was too damn loud and the operator would not budge.

20. skisdlimit

skisdlimit Forum Resident

The Linguini Incident (1991)

I was really into David Bowie at that time, having then attended his Sound+Vision concert and recently purchased most of those Ryko reissues, but this film was so suffocatingly boring I just had to leave the theater after about half an hour of it in order to breathe. :thumbsdow
    Fortunately, I did get my money back! :goodie::pineapple:

21. Strat-Mangler

Sorry, but I think you should exercise a tad more discrimination in your movie choices. :eek:

Can't imagine wanting to spend money to see any of these on plot/concept alone! :laugh:

22. Strat-Mangler

Is that a joke? If not, why did you go in the first place? :p

23. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I liked that movie! A lot.

Mechanical Man and 905 like this.
  24. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Actually, no. I paid see it twice. The first time I felt I had not given the movie the chance it deserved so I decided to give it another shot. I walked out again!

BTW the movie in question was “1984” with John Hurt and Richard Burton. Loved the novel .... the movie? Not so much, obviously.

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  25. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

I liked that movie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.