Ever walked out of a movie?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Strat-Mangler, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I didn't care much for it myself. Arguments....that's the next thread down the hall with John Cleese and I. I'll never take the fun out of silly walking out. You show style! ;)

Doghouse Riley likes this.
  2. Rachael Bee

Maybe it was just too good to watch and he didn't want to risk ruining future cinema experiences.... ;) I thought it was pretty ho-hum considering the excellent cast. I'd like to make a film called A8te, about a waiter with a balm or bomb or some mean and nasty creature on a plate.

3. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I love "Se7en" - my pick for best movie of the 90s.

Only reason I can imagine someone walking out would be if it was just too unsettling! :shrug:

4. Rachael Bee

It was unsettling. I didn't despise it but it's far from my favorite. I never walk out of movies. I might if I was coming down sick. I saw a bunch of folks leave The Exorcist because they were sick or had passed out. I saw it in the cinema a bunch of times. The only showing where nobody got sick was a sparse audience and they all started laughing like my buddy Jeff and I did. It's a movie that can get many folks into suggestable states, apparently.

5. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play He won't eat it, he hates everything

There were a whole bunch of walk-outs when I saw "Magnolia" in the theater. I mean, a LOT, at least a third of the audience. And several people laughed out loud when it started raining frogs; almost heckling the movie, if such a thing is possible. The person I went with wanted to leave, but I wouldn't let him. Immediately afterwards, he said it was one of the worst movies he'd ever seen, and I said I actually liked it a lot. When I watched it again on DVD, it solidified my opinion that I loved the movie. I guess some people just can't handle group singalongs and frog downpours.

Jazzmonkie and enro99 like this.
  6. Rachael Bee

I would of liked it more if it had rained Rainbow Trout... ;)

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

When I was 19 and in college, I visited some friends at their school.

We knocked down a lot of beer and went to "The Exorcist", where I... well, I didn't pass out, as I wasn't that drunk, but I fell asleep.

Last thing I remember was Father Merrin in Iraq... and then my friends rousing me from my slumbers to leave!

Anyway, apparently whenever something scary happened and the audience became hushed, they'd suddenly hear SNORE!!!! from me! :laugh:

8. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Rabbit Test

9. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

Natural Born Killers
    Cyborg

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

if at the movies I don't recall walking out, but in contradiction (with caveat) to myself I did walk out on Jurassic Park...the print was so dark it looked terrible...I got a refund...they knew it was a bad print! geez...sorry.

11. Michael

Juliette Lewis was fabulous in this! so was Woody...they played it perfect and yes, quite a disturbing movie...The great acting kept me in...

Chrome_Head likes this.
  12. Michael

love it and the Aimee songs add much!

Jazzmonkie likes this.
  13. Michael

I may try...

14. Old Fart At Play

Old Fart At Play He won't eat it, he hates everything

Never walked out of a movie, but remember "Ishtar," the notorious 1987 flop starring Warren Beatty and Dustin Hoffman? We were the only two people in the theater when we went to see it. An usher even came in before it started to make sure we actually had tickets to it and weren't in the wrong theater. We joked about leaving for 20 minutes and then coming back to see if they were still playing it to an empty theater.

hi_watt and SomeCallMeTim like this.
  15. jmcecil

jmcecil Analog Jitter

lets agree to disagree. I thought the acting was awful, the script was stupid and it was basically just gross to be gross. Useless movie. I guess that's why they make different kinds of movies :agree:
    Cyborg was just like a high school film class reject.

Michael likes this.
  16. Michael

I can agree on Cyborg...but it ends there...and we can agree to disagree my friend. : )

jmcecil likes this.
  17. PhilJol

PhilJol Forum Resident

I walked out of Crazy Rich Asians because I broke a tooth eating a Heath bar.

hi_watt likes this.
  18. Slice

Slice Fan Of Rock

This topic was brought up in 2 accounting classes when the professors were talking about sunk costs. You've paid your money, you hate the show, so leave. You can't get any money back, so don't waste any more time. Go do something you like.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  19. MAYBEIMAMAZED

MAYBEIMAMAZED Don't think Twice it's alright

yes

Michael likes this.
  20. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

And..? What was it?

Gonna leave us hanging in suspense?

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  21. Chrome_Head

I thought it was a little too touchy-feely and a disappointment after Boogie Nights.

But I saw it on DVD after it had come out and not the theater. Kinda had a feeling I wasn’t gonna like it.

Old Fart At Play likes this.
  22. Michael

which one? ; )

23. Chrome_Head

I was in High School when it came out--I knew vaguely of the old trading card series and I was also a fan of Tim Burton. it looked fun. Me and my buddy Mike decided to get high and go see it, but he brought another dude from our High School, Charles, with us, who didn't want to see it. There was a trailer for Beavis & Butthead Do America before the movie and Charles was like "see? We could have been seeing that!!". Dude's loathing of Mars Attacks kind of ruined it for me a bit, but I still enjoyed it ok. Pretty sure Charles fell asleep through it. :laugh: I haven't seen it again since the theater and remember little about it.

Me and Mike and different group of friends did end up going to see Beavis & Butthead Do America the very next weekend I think. Also enjoyed it.

Oatsdad likes this.
  24. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Rabbit Test

25. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

I saw it on opening day and I remember some older audience members walking out during Tom Cruise's seminar lecture. I bought the DVD as soon as it came out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.