Ever walked out of a movie?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Strat-Mangler, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis

I have never seen 1984, I very nearly watched it just a few days ago for free on Amazon Prime, or one of those.
    So, it isn't worth a look?

2. Scooterpiety

The original "The Out-of-Towners" is great. The remake is pretty lame. Which did you see?

SandAndGlass likes this.
  3. Scooterpiety

Was it "Life Stinks"?

4. Scooterpiety

"Down and Out in Beverly Hills" is a pretty good movie. What didn't you like about it?

Mechanical Man likes this.
  5. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Only once.

'Nurse Betty' was the movie. Can't remember much about it, but after 40mins I was done.

6. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Highlander and Scandal. Though they were both awful.
    Edward Scissorhands when Vincent Price died. Too upsetting

Steve Litos likes this.
  7. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

The only film I walked out of, after about ten minutes, was Blade Runner 2049, but that was because it was waaaaay too loud. It was a small independent cinema and I'm autistic. It was too much. They said the projectionist gauges sound levels beforehand, and no one else complained. Got a refund, saw the film the following week at a deluxe multiplex, no problems loved it. Bought the BluRay.

Films I've come very close to walking out of because I thought they were rubbish would be Independence Day, Phantom Menace, Spiderman (Toby Maguire one) and Inception. My then-partner and I considered leaving Coppola's Dracula but stuck with it. I love that film now.

I can't abide superhero films, with the exception of Watchmen. I'm sure were I to go and see another one, for a bet perhaps, I'd not last 20 minutes. I'm not at all 'entertained' by them, and there's nothing about them I find interesting cinematically and/or culturally, however popular they are. Whatever 'cultural' significance they purport to possess can be found addressed in a host of other, better, films far more coherently and tellingly.
    Sorry, digressed and went off on one there.... Fed up with being asked if I've seen The Avengers End Game at work, probably, and fed up with being urged to!

Mechanical Man and FACE OF BOE like this.
  8. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I love that movie.

Jamey K likes this.
  9. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

The only movie I ever walked out on was The Abyss.

Lightworker likes this.
  10. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Two times. The first was a Saturday night double feature. We watched the first, which I can't recall, and we walked out after about thirty minutes of Mel Brooks' HIGH ANXIETY. At that late hour, it didn't seem very funny.

Second time was THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS. We attempted to get through it after good reviews, but it was just not doing it and we walked out.

11. Django

Django Forum Resident

No. I'm not much of a cinema goer. It's rare there is a film I want to go see. I've been underwhelmed a few times but never walked out.

12. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

No. Two things irritated me in particular: a monumentally stupid piece of design where all the telescreens are huge - even the one in Winston's dingy little flat is the size of a giant plasma TV today; and the casting of Suzanna Hamilton, a dull and unlikable actress, as a too-posh Julia. Really the 1956 version is better.

GodShifter likes this.
  13. Spaghettiows

Spaghettiows Forum Resident

St. Elmo's Fire

Steve Litos likes this.
  14. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

Woody Allen's "Interiors". Insufferable times 10.

Hot Ptah, Ghostworld and hbbfam like this.
  15. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I don't think it was a bad movie, but it clearly didn't work very well. The timing was off for comedy, the drama was too compromised by whimsy. I think Wes was a bit too ambitious at that stage of his career.

16. Alan G.

Alan G. Forum Resident

Original. Sorry; didn’t like it. Maybe it was that period of my life. Just too downbeat. Wasn’t funny to me.

17. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I honestly don’t remember. I know I was a teenager when I saw it in the theater. It probably just didn’t resonate with me at the time. I really should try it again sometime.

18. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I remember people leaving during the 2011 The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo movie at a matinee with lots of older adults in attendance. Lots of gasping type sounds could be heard. I also remember people leaving the Blair Witch Project.

My Aunt and Uncle walked out of Magnolia and demanded a refunded.

19. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

Fincher's take on Dragon Tattoo wasn't bad, but wasn't a patch on the original 9-hour Swedish mini-series, which remains one of the best TV dramas I've seen. The Swedish film versions released in cinemas were drastically cut-down versions of those mini-series episodes, particularly so in the case of books two and three, but I guess they were keen to capitalise on the international success of the books.

20. rockerreds

rockerreds Senior Member

Rabbit Test

SomeCallMeTim likes this.
  21. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

22. guppy270

guppy270 Forum Resident

No, but I came very close with Romeo Is Bleeding

23. mds

mds Forum Resident

Cabin Boy. Wow, that was the worst movie ever, EVER! I was embarrassed for the actors.

MattyDC and The Hud like this.
  24. AceFrehleyJr

AceFrehleyJr Doesn't Believe The Hype

Sure why not? I cant tell you how many live bands Ive walked out on!

25. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

The same here, exactly. All I could think was that I now wanted the machines to win. All of that yapping, iiieeee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.