Ever walked out of a movie?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Strat-Mangler, May 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antmanbee

Antmanbee Mental Toss Flycoon

It's a decent remake but the Swedish original is in a league of its own and way ahead.

2. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

SomeCallMeTim, MHS3 and Antmanbee like this.
  3. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

I've never walked out of a movie but have abandoned many on video, mostly movies made in the last 3 years.

Antmanbee likes this.
  4. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

On pension week they used to let anyone with a pension card see films for free and so people were going from cinema to cinema seeing every film no matter what. There was an Australian film called Emerald City (with Nicole Kidman) showing and the cinema was full of older people. Near the start there's a scene where Chris Haywood enters a room saying every curse word ever written. When I turned around the cinema was close to empty.

5. MHS3

MHS3 "Long Live Rock'n'Roll"

Thanks for the info i will check it out for sure.

6. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

I walked out of Charlie's Angels 2. Not even the heavenly view of Lucy Liu could save that wreck of a boring movie.

7. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

[​IMG]

"I Love You" I saw this 'remake' of Last Tango in Paris on the tail end of a double feature. People weren't just walking out they were yelling at the screen on the way out.

cleandan and Steve Litos like this.
  8. showtaper

showtaper Concert Hoarding Bastard

Fool me once...........

9. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I walked out of Saving Private Ryan. It was a bit much for me after a while.

10. hifisoup

hifisoup @hearmoremusic on Instagram

Yessongs
    Pinball Wizard
    Both are horrible films.

11. Vanguardsman

Vanguardsman Forum Resident

Yes. Yesterday. Long Shot. Disgusting.

12. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

"Gremlins", too frenetic and the microwaving of a live creature (with blood and guts splattering onto glass when it exploded) offended and disgusted me.

Should have walked out of "The Counselor", one of the worst movies I have ever seen, but stuck it out for some reason.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  13. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Only film my wife and I walked out on was the remake of The Producers. The theater was nearly empty, and they shot it with the actors playing their characters in the exact same way as they did on stage, shouting at the rafters and it was painfully unfunny.

SomeCallMeTim and Steve Litos like this.
  14. The Pinhead

Sonia Braga has that effect on me too:laugh:

Ghostworld likes this.
  15. The Pinhead

Lucky you never watched Hostel then.

Ghostworld likes this.
  16. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I envy you on both counts

17. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Speaking of which, PINHEAD, the three films That FrEaKed me would be Eraserhead, Event Horizon, and Hellraiser! :shake::shake::realmad::shake:

The Pinhead likes this.
  18. Nephrodoc

Nephrodoc Forum Resident

Took the kids to watch Hotel Transylvania 2. Kids got bored and we left halfway through to go to the arcade.

19. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Wife and I walked out of ‘The Thin Red Line’ after nearly two hours of pretentious bollocks. It was boring. It was awful.

20. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Very true. But I had been assigned to read the book for a high school english class and liked it. I felt like I should be able to appreciate the movie, but I could not. Thinking that I should have stuck with it, I tried again and got further than the first time, but walked out again. I believe I have seen the whole thing since and thought it was only "okay". At the time I walked out twice I think I was 17 years old and saw it both times by myself. Maybe if I had been a bit more mature and had someone else there with me, I could have gotten through it the first time. But, you are right, it was pretty foolish to try it two times.

21. Gramps Tom

Gramps Tom Forum Resident

I have discontinued viewing dvd's at home that don't resonate at the time, and my wife & I seldom attend theaters. I've walked out of a couple theaters during films that really hit me wrong:

Green Mile. It was very intense & unpleasant upon initial screening in theaters, yet I acquired it on DVD and it became a true favorite.

Battleship with Liam Neeson. Didn't realize it was a special-effects Science Fiction nightmare. My fault.

22. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Matthew Broderick's days of film acting are behind him. He must be really great on the NYC stage, I will never know.

Steve Litos likes this.
  23. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

We were evacuated just before the third Act of Spider-Man 3, due to a small fire somewhere in the theater (don't know where.)

24. TwentySmallCigars

TwentySmallCigars Forum Resident

There's a film called Pinball Wizard?

25. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Walked out about 15 minutes in on 2015's "Inside Out". Couldn't take the psychoanalyzing and diagramming children's thoughts and emotions as appropriate entertainment for an animated cartoon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.