Evil - CBS Horror Drama

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scotian, Oct 18, 2019.

1. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I've yet to see last night's episode #9, but I believe the plan is that the show will, like most series, go on a hiatus through the holidays and then CBS will schedule the last 4 episodes of this year sometime in 2020. It was only a thirteen-episode order for this year, but they've said that it'll be back next season for a second year.

These short seasons bother me. So much time passes in between seasons that you forget where the show left off and need a "previously on _______" to catch up. And I believe that causes a lot of folks to NOT watch a show while it's presented weekly, but instead wait until the whole thing is available for bingeing.

marmalade166 likes this.
  2. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

:righton:

3. rjp

rjp Senior Member

very good new show, maybe the cream of this year's crop.

disappointed to hear it is only 13 weeks, but i'm glad t will be coming back next year.

new episodes do return the first week of january.

marmalade166 likes this.
  4. shokhead

I really get a kick out of the daughters!

5. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I keep waiting for their parents to tell them to shut the f*** up, or at least get them speak/scream one at a bloody time! :cussing::D

6. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

It would been better if she only had two kids the show is kinda lost on me now.
    I tired it. I seen so many series that deal with evil and paranormal.
    Maybe I done with this type of genre.

7. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed Thread Starter

I liked this last episode quite a bit & had that tune in my head for awhile afterward. A pretty good mixture of horror & good, loopy fun.

Tim Lookingbill and marmalade166 like this.
  8. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

Yeah I had that bloody tune in my head as I went to bed last night as well :sigh:

MoonPool and Scotian like this.
  9. Tim Lookingbill

Tim Lookingbill Alfalfa Male

Big cliffhanger at the end of last week's episode! The show hasn't disappointed for me. The writing keeps topping itself. I mean who would've thought an internet driven ear worm would be considered evil. Just glad it wasn't "Baby Shark"...JEEZ! Now that's evil!

marmalade166 likes this.
  10. shokhead

11. HGN2001

Fabulous season-ender! Bring on Season Two!

12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Agreed. I'm eager for Season Two, quite a cliffhanger.

13. shokhead

14. Tim Lookingbill

Evil fertility clinic! I would've never come up with a story line like that. Evidence of very imaginative writers. No telling what's coming up in next season.

I'm actually starting to get a kinda' paranoid vibe out of the show with similar fears and creepier feelings to when I first saw The Exorcist. It's a whole other different kind of scary for sure.

Glad I don't have a tinfoil hat.

15. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

I recall Justified had a few episodes with just such a character. Kentucky you know. I think the XFiles did too.

dmiller458 likes this.
  16. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

The guy on Justified was just a preacher railing against the local outlaw. He wasn't investigating supernatural phenomena.

17. unclefred

unclefred Coastie with the Moastie

Yeah, that's right. I wasn't sure it was Justified.

18. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

It was pretty engaging and the female lead is cute but as an ignostic the religion theme is wearing on me.

19. HGN2001

Interesting word: ignostic.

20. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

The whole show is based on religious themes so I think it will continue to wear on you in season 2.

21. rjp

rjp Senior Member

agnositc>>>>>>ignorant

and i agree great season ended, to bad we have to wait until, probably late september for it come back on.

SPOILER

what did you all make of the cross burn on her palm?

22. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

My guess is she may be possessed. . . .

23. Tim Lookingbill

I believe the religious themes are necessary to contrast the certainty of science and psychiatry against our not knowing the source for fear and doubt that permeates throughout society and drives human motivation and emotions.

Science can't explain everything so what fills that void is fear and doubt. "Evil", the obvious theme of this series is the unknown and the unexplained. The dark void. Is it depression? Or an outside force that seems to exist due to us knowing that our entire existence doesn't look like an evolutionary accident considering science based statistics derived from our understanding physics and the Universe. There's an intelligence we can sense but we're not certain if its motivation is for our benefit or demise.

"Evil" is probably the smartest series on TV at the moment IMO.

kanakaris and MoonPool like this.
  24. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

CBS is moving this show to the streaming service Paramount+ for season 2.

Well, I liked this show and was looking forward to the long awaited season 2 (production of the show was delayed during the pandemic.)

It's been almost over a year and a half since the final episode of season one aired. Many people who were fans of this show probably forgot about it or just won't care anymore. Some people like myself, who have been waiting for season 2, will be disappointed it is being moved to streaming and won't pay for the service. I have a feeling this show will die a quick death now. The only advantage I see of it being moved off network television is it can now become a much darker/violent/scarier show if they want to go in that direction.

SEAL Team and Clarice are other CBS shows being moved to Paramount+.

Before you know it, regular network TV will only be showing Dancing With the Real Housewives of American Idol Stars Who Have Voices.

25. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

That stinks. I loved the first season and was looking forward to the new season (although admittedly with less enthusiasm as the months passed) but I am not going to pay for that channel just to watch it.