Exact AUdio Copy question - compression options

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, May 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

what are the best "waveform" settings in EAC? I have mine set at "Fraunhoofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec (decode only)" 44.100 kHz, 16 Bit stereo.

thanks...

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Did you want to use Mp3 settings? :confused:

3. stereoptic

Sckott - No, I am just making straight CD to CD-R copies. I start off with "Copy Image and Create Cue Sheet", which creates the .wav file and then I Load the Cue Sheet and then Write CD.

4. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident

I have my set to "Internal Wave Routines", I'm pretty sure it defaulted to that option.

If you are further confused about how to set things up, I would suggest following this tutorial... this site also has a page devoted to configuring the compression options. Good Luck ~

http://www.ping.be/satcp/eac02.htm#-

5. stereoptic

thanks, David. I've already got that site, but I couldnt't find what I was looking for, but I wasn't really diligent (there's a lot to read!)

6. shucky ducky

shucky ducky Forum Resident

(there's a lot to read!)

I concur... when I was setting mine up, I just went through the three pages labeled "(Important)" ...

Configuring The EAC Options
    EAC Drive Configuration
    Extracting Tracks To Your Harddisk

a lot of the information presented was way over my head, so I just read far enough to find which setting to choose, then moved on to the next step. It still took about 15 minutes to go through those three pages.

As far as your question, I would just leave it set to the defualt option... the compression options (as far as I understand) are used to compact the WAV file in order to allow quicker uploading/downloading over the internet.

7. stereoptic

thanks again, David.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.