"Exclusively for Prime Members" items on Amazon (US)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by grouploner, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

:faint:

2. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

I only did the gift card thing as well - $55 for $45, but as for deals on product - nothing for me.

3. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

I order way more than that. Of course, I count a bottle of ibuprofen as 300 items. A box of labels is 3000 items. It adds up.

jsayers, Matt I and Cheepnik like this.
  4. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Wow, I thought I bought a lot and I'm up to 1066 total purchase since 2000. Many of them have multiple items in them but still......

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Spooky...1,066 here since 2007.

Doug Sclar likes this.
  6. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

I didn't spend a dime ... I looked ... did i miss something i really wanted ... needed.

7. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

No music items but my wife bought a Butterfly TR21 ping pong table for our basement. $359 normally discounted at $449.

8. ShawnX

ShawnX Forum Resident

I have Prime, but the sale was a joke. They hurt themselves with this image wise.

My prime service has been good even...excellent. But this smelled like a scam.

Will I drop my Prime service as a result? Not likely but they moved a bit closer to Best Buy status imo.

dewey02 likes this.
  9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I wonder if Amazon saw a significant uptick in Prime memberships as a result of Prime Day. If so, did many new members cancel due to the lack of good deals. A lot of people expressed frustration. Did Amazon get the message? If they gained and retained a lot of new Prime members, then, no.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2015
  10. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I agree, I'm a Prime member too, have a wishlist 4 pages long. Not a single item dropped a penny in price. What a joke :thumbsdow

PTgraphics and ShawnX like this.
  11. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. .

Here's one, pardon if it has been posted
    I am wiped out from stress dealing with them

here's someone else below:

I have been a loyal amazon customer for nearly a decade now, and have been along for the nausea inducing ups and downs as they tinkered with their business model and tried to configure how to pump the very last cent out of their loyal customer base ie price hikes all around.

This is after all amazon; their prices change within a 24 hour window.

But imagine my surprise when not only do I witness an Item receive a 10 dollar price hike but suddenly it's moved into my "save for later" basket. Not only did they remove my mother's Xmas present from my cart, but all of the sudden I no longer "qualify" to buy it. Apparently now I must be an Amazon prime member to purchase the Christmas gift for my mother. Is my money not as green as those of the Amazon prime variety? Have I suddenly been transported to an alternate reality in which the American dollar has no value? Did Amazon really think I was Going to shell out the 90 something bucks for a prime membership when I already saw how you're trying to price gouge your customers??? I wasn't impressed with prime when I had the Student free trial, and I'm definitely not impressed with the elitist, classist tomfoolery Amazon is trying to pull now. Kick rocks Amazon; I see you.
    Reply to this post

12. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Has anyone seen more Prime Exclusive items posted lately?

Just wondering; with the Amazon Behemoth just recently increasing their minimum Free Shipping to $49, it's making Prime look more attractive.

Of course, in a relative sense.

(When they bump the minimum free shipping over $100, Prime will seem to be a steal. o_O )

13. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

That's the idea, to manipulate as many as possible to Prime membership. I've accepted that it's their right to run their business as they see fit and my only remedy to the anger I feel at being manipulated is to vote w/ my wallet, which is a lot easier given that their prices are getting higher as well. While they still have some great deals, which I'll miss, and I always had good luck with their customer support when there was a problem, I'll survive. The whole thing actually feeds well into my ever-growing feeling that I already have too much stuff and I want to cut down on my acquisition of more stuff, which has been a growing trend for me the last couple of years.

14. Marvin

Marvin Senior Member

Wow, that's (the $49) getting kind of high. I checked my order history for 2015 to see what free shipping saved me on my Amazon orders (I didn't count the orders that were over $45, or marketplace orders of course). It came to just under $60. So I guess I'd still have come out ahead if I paid for shipping on each order (assuming I couldn't have combined any into $49 and up orders) rather than prepay the $99 for Prime (I don't care about expedited shipping or the streaming stuff).

lightbulb likes this.
  15. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

Amazon is certainly not unique in their $49 free shipping limit. The only surprise here is that it took them so long to institute the higher spending limit.

ARK likes this.
  16. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

FYE appears to have immediately gone from a $35 to a $40 threshold in response

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.