expanded AZTEC CAMERA remasters!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by aswyth, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. live evil

live evil Senior Member

It looks like Domino just released a 2 cd version of "High Land Hard Rain" in February. Does anyone know if it is identical to the Edsel release from August 2012?

2. irong

irong Forum Resident

No it isn't. Apparently, Roddy Frame wasn't happy with the Edsel treatment of his catalog, so he was more involved this time.

3. live evil

live evil Senior Member

Thanks for the answer. I'll go with the Domino version.

4. manicpopthrill

manicpopthrill Forum Resident

Did you or anyone ever pick this up? Opinions?

RickJ likes this.
  5. RickJ

RickJ Forum Resident

manicpopthrill likes this.
  6. live evil

live evil Senior Member

I did pick it up just last week, but I have not had a chance to listen to it yet.

manicpopthrill and RickJ like this.
  7. Havoc

Havoc Forum Resident

I resurrect thee..............pulled out my Edsel remasters yesterday and while I know that "Love" was more or less a deliberate attempt to gain some attention in the states, for me, it worked. The album to me is pure joy, from the cover to the great production value and the happy tunes, even the more introspective tracks leave me feeling better. I've been in it for the long haul from that 1st day playing HLHR over and over and over back in 83, spending many hours with Roddy Frame and after buying each album at least twice, going to 5 shows and actually buying an Aztec Camera baseball hat(WTF?) I can say without a doubt that I got the better end of the deal. The Edsel versions for me sound pretty nice, I just ordered the Domino version of HLHR to see how it sounds, looking forward to it.

8. Pavol Stromcek

Pavol Stromcek Senior Member

I have not heard the Edsels, but it's difficult for me to imagine someone not liking the Domino HLHR, so I'm thinking you'll approve. It really is a noticeable improvement.

9. ippudo

ippudo Forum Resident

I have both the Edsels, which are basically just louder versions of the originals, and the Domino HLHR, which sounds fantastic and trumps any previous version.

10. Rgfinch

Rgfinch King Rocky

Yes the Domino "high land" is way better than the Edsel and the original UK Rough trade, by a huge margin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.