Experience with Amazon Warehouse Deals

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by BB325, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB325

BB325 Member Thread Starter

Long time lurker here and decided to finally sing up. I ran a search on this topic but didn't see this specific topic covered.

I found a Beatles in Mono set in Germany yesterday and it was labeled a warehouse find. I understand the fine details as far as what could be wrong, missing, etc. Sounds like a ding here, a scratch there sort of thing. Maybe a missing insert? Also assume this is repackaged returns or just open box returns. Example - I see many Rolling Stones boxes as warehouse finds which leads me to believe its the many boxes without download codes that were shipped back.

At any rate, has anyone ordered a warehouse deal and it arrive in terrible shape? Or missing items? Looking for experiences just to manage my expectations as this was a pretty good find in relationship to today's prices.

2. dr jazz

dr jazz Forum Resident

If you click details next to condition they will usually tell you why it was graded. I personally have never had a bad experience with very good or like new

George P likes this.
  3. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

I've bought a few items via this option with no issues but read the description carefully.

4. BB325

That was my concern. My details say, "Used, Very Good" and nothing more than that. I can obviously return if all goes wrong, but i would expect if something was gtruly missing or the packaging was damaged, it might be notated. However, this is Amazon and not the record store down the street selling things online. Doubt they know whats supposed to be incuded, inserts, etc. I guess I will find out soon...thanks for the responses.

5. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I have generally had good look with Warehouse Deals, but I did have to return one item: an alarm clock that arrived with a totally smashed face. I'm not sure who graded that item, but I don't see how anything with several large cracks on its face could be considered to be in even "good" condition. More often what I've experienced with Warehouse Deals is that the items appear to be like new, probably just returns from customers who decided they didn't want the items in question.

6. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

I bought a pair of Polk bookshelf speakers for $35ish a few months ago. Description said box had some damage. When it arrived, I immediately noticed a sizable hole (it looked like it had been kicked). Because of the stryrofoam padding, the speakers were unharmed. I kept them and saved a little bit of money.

About two years ago, I purchased the lp set, "Bowie at the Beeb." Description said "some sign of wear..." When that arrived, the shipping box was fine, but the lp box looked like it was used as a Frisbee in the Warehouse break room. I promptly returned it (a few weeks later the price dropped on the set and I got it for less than the Warehouse Deal).

7. BB325

Today, i received my Beatles in Mono boxset from Amazon Germany. Despite the vague description, the only issue i found was a small tear in the plastic cover around the box. The albums really looked untouched and the book perfect. Think i really lucked out with this one!

8. Eddy Baggins

Eddy Baggins Well-Known Member

I have actually received a warehouse deal item or two that were in inferior condition to the description.
    Amazon CS was very easy-going about giving me a reasonable, partial refund.
    So, I haven't had a bad experience with warehouse deals yet.

9. BB325

Also snagged a Stones and Beatles book the other day and didnt realize until i went back a minute ago that it was also a Warehouse Deal. These were both sealed and brand new. Definitely need to keep an eye out on these deals!

10. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I highly recommend the Warehouse deals. The other month I purchased Sennheiser HD 800 S headphones listed as VG for half price. They ended up being in NM condition.

Dave likes this.
  11. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I bought a "Used, Very Good" AC/DC deluxe amp Backtracks from them which turned out to be brand new. If it was a reseal they went the extra mile and faked the hype sticker too. However the third CD skips, and sometimes I have trouble with the first one. Not sure if it's just my bad luck, a reseal job, or what. I'm guessing just bad luck, probably wasn't Amazon's fault. Probably.

I bought it two or three years ago, technically used, so I doubt Sony will provide replacements for me. That said, I did get a skip-free lossless rip of every track except "Hail Caesar", which I patched together using two rips which had one skip each, in different spots. Good enough.

12. Ezd

Ezd Forum Resident

I have had mixed results buying Amazon warehouse products, although I have not bought an album this way.. Too often, their description of the item condition is inaccurate and they have sent products that included broken pieces or missing parts. While they do pay the return shipping in these instances, it is time consuming and frustrating to have to immediately repackage a large item like a vacuum cleaner and return it to a store that Amazon uses for return shipping.

Dave likes this.
  13. George P

George P Notable Member

Anyone know if Amazon warehouse deals are actual returns from customers or if they are items that were damaged in some way at the warehouse and never went to a customer?

14. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

Probably both. In general I've had good luck with Warehouse Deals, but not with music. Due to really bad experiences I won't buy a WD album unless it's marked as like new / sealed. And even then I've had some I've had to send back.

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
  15. George P

George P Notable Member

Thanks, I read a bit online and it looks like it likely is both. Since I am buying a pillow, probably best to buy New only. They list one in Like New Condition for almost $50 less, though.

Dave likes this.
  16. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Just bought a CD from them. It was new/sealed. Just had a cracked jewel case which is normal because Amazon does not know how to ship CDs in boxes. Those flimsy bubble mailers they use don't offer any protection.

17. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

I ordered a Warehouse copy of Tom Petty’s Playback box and it was shoved into one of those flimsy mailers. Arrived with a significant hole through the mailer and the box itself. So the price/deal may be good, but the shipping itself might make that moot. You’ll never know until it arrives.

18. hobbes4444

hobbes4444 Forum Addict

I ordered isoacoustics aperta 200 speaker stands in like new condition for about 35% off. Thrilled to find them discounted. But unfortunately they shipped me the basic iso 200 stands instead. The price I paid would have been over retail for those stands. Prompt return and refund.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.