Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil & Vile Netflix Ted Bundy Movie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scotian, May 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed Thread Starter

We watched this one last night. Zac Efron was fine as Bundy & the rest of the cast was good. My biggest complaint about it was, for a movie based on possibly the most notorious serial killer ever, it was surprisingly low key with almost no violence. There was quite a bit of hype about this as it was being made & I expected something that lived up to the title but it was closer to an old NBC movie of the week. I found it quite dissapointing.

2. tman53

tman53 Vinyl is an Addiction

Agreed, Efron was good, but the movie overall...meh.

3. vconsumer

vconsumer Unapologetically 70s

I'd call the lack of graphic deadly violence against real women with living relatives a virtue, not a disappointment.

Simon A, vegafleet, crispi and 3 others like this.
  4. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed Thread Starter

Mindhunter centered on real-life serial killers & had very little violence, but was still disturbing as hell. I expect something like this to have some teeth (no pun intended), not give me a tragic tale about two star crossed lovers.

5. vconsumer

vconsumer Unapologetically 70s

Ted was a biter.

6. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Forum Resident

In reality yes, that's a good thing. But the movie isn't being accurate to what really happened, and downplays what Bundy did, the lives he took as well as the friends and family who were affected/devstated.

7. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

yep, if youre gonna tell that story, show what he really did

8. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Seen a couple of movies about Bundy. One starred Mark Harmon and was fairly good. The other was called ' Bundy' and was disturbing.

ZackyDog likes this.
  9. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Forum Resident

Was it this one?

I saw parts of it, but I couldn't bring myself to watch the whole thing because it was graphic.

10. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

Yes.

ZackyDog likes this.
  11. ZackyDog

ZackyDog Forum Resident

I watched the 2019 last night and found it somewhat interesting. It was nowhere near as graphic---or disturbing--as the 2002 movie.

12. agaraffa

agaraffa Senior Member

I loved it! Of course I'm a sucker for anything Bundy. They could open a Bundy streaming service and I'd subscribe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.