FA: M-Audio audiophile usb 24 bit external soundcard

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by jbraveman, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbraveman

jbraveman Forum Resident Thread Starter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290214926783&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=019

M-Audio Audiophile USB
    External 24 bit sound card and MIDI interface with S/PDIF

I purchased this new in 2004. The unit is in excellent condition.
    Package includes original box and all original contents: sound card, usb cable, power cable, installation discs and instructions.

I would recommend downloading the latest drivers for your system from here: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support&tab=driver

I used this unit in a couple ways:
    1) Upgraded audio playback from laptop - I ran the digital out to my receiver which had a digital input. I was able to playback 24 bit audio sources on my computer directly through my receiver.
    2) DAT transfers - I used the spdif input from my DAT player to make bit-perfect transfers of my DAT tapes
    3) Vinyl transfers - I used the analog inputs to make 24 bit recordings of my records. (Recorded from phono preamp)

I paid $249 for this unit new.

Description

The Audiophile USB is a USB audio and MIDI interface for Mac and PC based around the Audiophile 2496, and delivers 24-bit/96kHz quality with great dynamic range and excellent noise specifications. To achieve the later, the unit uses AC-powered components that deliver better fidelity than USB bus-powered circuitry.

The interface provides two analog line inputs and two outputs, along with a coaxial S/PDIF digital input and output. All four channels support 24-bit data width and any sampling rate from 8kHz to 96kHz. The coaxial digital outputs are multi-channel surround sound capable (Dolby, DTS etc.), making the Audiophile USB the perfect "high end" sound interface for digital recording, analog or digital transfers, mixing and mastering, as well as DVD and home theater applications.

Line-level signal from an instrument, mixer or pre-amp are accommodated using 1/4" phone jacks, while the outputs of a stereo receiver can connect to the unit s RCA phono jacks. Digital audio signal from a DAT, MiniDisc, CD or external A/D D/A converters communicate via the coaxial S/PDIF input and output. Control of all hardware setting can be achieved by using the included Audiophile USB Control Panel software.

The Audiophile USB also includes MIDI I/O connectors for use with external MIDI equipment such as sound modules and drum machines, or to synchronize computer software to external devices via MIDI time code. The unit is compatible with all major software programs running on PC and Macintosh computers, and the included Mac and PC drivers allow for selection of bit depth and sample rate (up to 96k.)

Key Features

24-bit/96kHz, full-duplex USB recording interface with MIDI I/O
    Two analog inputs accept common unbalanced audio connections using 1/4" TS phone or RCA phono jacks
    Two analog outputs with level control provide common unbalanced audio connections on RCA phono jacks
    Two channels of coaxial RCA S/PDIF I/O
    MIDI - 16 channels of MIDI I/O for sound modules or for synchronization using MIDI time code
    Headphone output with level control

Specifications
    Converters - All data paths support up to 24-bits
    Sample Rates - From 8kHz to 96kHz
    Analog In
    2 x 1/4" TS phone
    2 x RCA phono
    Analog Outputs
    2 x RCA phono
    Digital Input Connectors
    S/PDIF on coaxial connectors
    Digital Output Connectors
    S/PDIF on coaxial connectors
    MIDI In/Out
    1 In, 1 Out, 16 MIDI channels
    Sync In/Out
    S/PDIF, MTC
    Headphone Output
    Yes
    THD + N -92dB (typical) at 0dBFS
    Dynamic Range A/D: 109dB, D/A: 107dB, (both A-weighted)
    Frequency Response 22Hz to 22kHz
    Minimum System Requirements
    PC: Windows 98Se/2000/ME/XP; Pentium II 266MHz for 96kHz operation; Pentium 200 MMX for 48kHz or less; 128MB of RAM for 96kHz operation, 64MB for 48kHz or less

Mac:Mac OS 8.5.1 or higher (OS X compatible); G3 with native USB; 64MB of RAM, 128MB recommended; OMS required for MIDI support under Mac OS 9.x
    Specialties
    All data paths support up to 24-bit/96kHz performance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.