FA: PINK FLOYD Wish You Were Here 35DP-4 JAPAN for US 2 Track

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by SergioRZ, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I need to fund my vinyl collection (which I just started), so my best and most rare CD's will have to go... :sigh:

This rare baby is in really great shape and sounds glorious!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=140318098398

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=140318098398

:righton:

Attached Files:

2. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

you sure you are not going to regret selling your cd's ?

vinyl doesn't cost a whole lot. :)

3. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

very nice :righton:

4. SergioRZ

heheehhe I know what you mean... but I gave it a long thought and made my decision... I'm going all the way! :)

I only have around 30 LP records... there is so much stuff I want to buy! And some of them can be pretty expensive (OOP stuff). It's crazy, I know... I spent the last couple of years searching for and experimenting with the best CD's ever made to get the best possible sound for the music I really love, and now... vinyl turns my head around! :laugh:

Now it's like starting from scratch... I know nothing about vinyl mastering and pressing... so... I will learn (again), and I hope you kind people here in SHF will help me do it :):righton::D

I feel really strange... it's odd to sell the stuff you love ( I just sold Beatles Abbey Road CP35 today here in SHF), stuff that was very expensive and that took a long time to find... stuff that I cherished and gazed at the shelve with dreamy eyes thinking "I'm so lucky to have this stuff"... but... I now know I will love vinyl even more! I feel like I was born to have vinyl! I love it :D

5. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

Oh yeah. I'll keep an eye on it, but it will probably go way outta my price range. Fantastic example too (in the ebay photos), of a "non-crude" matrix. :D

6. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

What, no $10 BIN?

7. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

:agree::laugh::righton: Andrew, have a go..you never know.

8. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

Looks mighty fine. Any reason you're not selling it here? Your Abbey Road listing went really well. I hate to see eBay take what will be a huge commission on that thing. Even if it only goes for $250, it'll be about $18 in their pockets.

9. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

$250? for minty:eek: I'd be prepared to drop $350 and I don't even like the album nor can I afford it, nor do I have the space and the fact it's not a crude matrix and has to be shipped from Portugal..well don't get me started..:realmad:

Just kidding, it's a beauty. Good luck Sergio:righton:

10. rob macd

rob macd The sunshine bores the daylights out of me

more like $30 for ebay

11. SergioRZ

Thanks! :)

Well, the main reason is that I've seen a lot of Ebay auctions for this CD, usually they go pretty high, and I thought I'd go for a wider audience with this one.

I'm sure I could do well selling it here in SHF directly just like I did with the Abbey Road CD, but the 35DP seems to attract much more people and that can also help boost the visibility of my other auctions in Ebay :)

12. rob macd

what's the significance of non crude matrix vs crude ?

13. Scroller

Scroller Hair Metal, Smooth Jazz, New Age...it's all good

14. rob macd

so this one is a non crude
    and one that is made up of etched dots is a crude one?
    the crude ones came 1st therefore more desirable

15. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

well, I can't hate that you love vinyl. I have about 500 records myself but you can find steals at record shows. I have found most of those sellers have no idea what they own. (unless its a real obvious rarity)

but.... I have sold cd's in the past I really regret and had to buy back again. :D

16. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

BTW: I almost bought your abbey road, but something told me to hold out as I will find one cheap..........I hope!!!! :)

it has paid off in the past.

17. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

You shouldn't of posted it here now Hoffman forum members will have to pay more. :laugh::wave:

18. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Very nice. I'm interested.

19. pdovore

pdovore Forum Resident

Nice disc, best wishes on selling high - but I hope you won't regret offloading your collection

20. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Holy crap! I kid you not, I just picked up a copy of this same exact CD - same matrix, 2 tracks, etc - in a local used store bin last week for (drum roll please) $3.99!!! Excellent condition all around too, original heavy jewel case in great condition etc. I knew these Japan-for-U.S. 2 track copies went for some coin but had no idea they sold for THIS much!

Anyway, you're gonna do well here SergioRZ...over 5 days to go and already up over $100. :thumbsup:

21. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That is a GREAT find, DrJ. Congratulations. I keep thinking that I am going to find one here in Japan (since the rarity of the US pressing is not widely known here), but it hasn't happened. Nice to know that there are still good finds at local used stores in the States.

22. SergioRZ

Be warned. This is what I received today from this fake buyer:

23. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

Since Bidder 1 (the winner) won't complete the sale and his bid is forfit, does Bidder 2 get the CD for just over the maximum bid of Bidder 3?

24. SergioRZ

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/second_chance_offer.html

What I don't like about this is that there is no explanation about what happens to the 30 euros fees I've already been charged for this transaction.

If I use the Second Offer, and the other bidder accepts, I'll be charged AGAIN the Final Fee for selling the item, but I can't find anything saying that the previous Final Fee is canceled or refunded...

I suppose that if I complain I will eventually get a refund... but how long will that take?

*****... :sigh:

25. pig whisperer

pig whisperer CD Member

I don't know. This is one of the reasons I don't like eBay. Buying or selling.

A friend of mine just sold a CD on eBay. In order to be protected in case of non-delivery, and to have proof of shipment for PayPal, he had to send the package with tracking and full insurance. The declared amount meant the Buyer had to pay duty. Now the Buyer is angry and won't leave positive feedback. If my friend declared low value, or sent the package without insurance - at the Buyer's request - and the package didn't arrive, you can bet the Buyer would want all his money back and put in a PayPal claim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.