FA: PINK FLOYD Wish You Were Here 35DP-4 JAPAN for US 2 Track

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by SergioRZ, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Well, this buyer I mentioned above decided to go through with the transaction and buy the CD after all.

I was just about to cancel the transaction when he emailed me saying it was a mistake and that he wants to buy.

I then sent the invoice, and payment has already been received. All seems to be ok now. :righton:

2. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Curious about these 2 track ones. I saw a used one today supposedly made in Japan. Had the clerk open it and the disk inside said CSR on the center clear area, but had that upside down pyramid symbol on it. I decided it probably wasn't a 2 track so passed on it. Was I right?

3. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

CSR was prob a 2-track.

how much was it ? worth the price I am sure if in nice shape.

4. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Yes, almost certainly a 2-track! Go back and get it! Look in the matrix for "35DP-4". That will tell you definitively that it's a 2-track. If it doesn't have it, it's not.

5. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

I can go back, but the upside down pyramid shape doesn't seem to belong there. It's not in the picture above.

Will I be able to read 35DP-4 without a magnifying glass..

and are there any CSRs that are not 2 track?

6. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

to be sure just ask them to put it in the player and see if it is 2 tracks.

7. crispynz1

crispynz1 Forum Resident

Discs with Columbia have the Triangle. You need the disc with CBS on it.

This scanned disc is NOT the 2 track, but is still pressed in Japan.

Attached Files:

8. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Yea, I went back to the store and checked again. Didn't buy it, but did find a nice Foreigner target of Agent P. instead.

9. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Very interesting (to me). That variation is not in the Pink Floyd Archives. I've never heard of a CSR Japan pressing that wasn't a 35DP. The only other Japan-for-USA pressing listed in the PFA is a Denon pressing.

10. pdovore

pdovore Forum Resident

That's a very interesting point and exactly what I thought. For sure I would have bet it was a Denon, but CSR...? :confused:
    More info would be interesting

11. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I think we have a case of mistaken identity here. Japanese CBS/Sony pressings with "35DP-4" in the matrix code do not have the "triangle-in-circle" symbol.

12. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Yea, it turned out to be a CNU disk. Nothing of use.

And I knew already there had to be a problem with that triangle being there.

13. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

I wouldn't say "nothing of use" as any Columbia Wish You Were Here CD will fetch at least as much in auction as the Foreigner target you picked up. :cool: If it is in pristine condition, it definitely has more resale value. And I say nothing of the music contained.

:wave:

14. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

I have an original CBS DADC cd of WYWH and its great sounding.

only reason I haven't felt the need to spend hundreds on the 2-track cause I haven' heard it and mine sounds really good to me.

but I do search for it locally. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.