FA: Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here Japan CD 35DP-4 Still Sealed

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by SimonSaysCake, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I just wanna hold it and have my picture taken with it.

Maybe take it out for some fine dining and a movie.....

2. pdovore

pdovore Forum Resident

Great idea, if we crate a WYWH-Pool, perhaps a whole bunch of us can own if for perhaps, 1 month each year :sigh:

3. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Be nice if I could find 2 whole cases of this sealed! Then we could have every forumite with one posed together for pictures, eh! Led by KeithH! Posed buck naked with a whole shipping carton of them, priceless! ;)

4. I'm sure the demand out weighed the supply back when this was in print. However, I'm sure if one really set out on a mission, and had $4000 to spare, collecting 100 copies was probably very doable.

Damn, if only my copy had an OBI that looked like it was new, and then if only my copy was sealed. ;) :laugh:

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

It looks as though we had some retracted or cancelled bids. It's back down to $1009.

6. Downsampled

Downsampled Senior Member

Damn, if only my copy existed outside my imagination! :laugh:

7. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Indeed, down from $2000..wonder what went on there? (probably someone bidding in ££'s then realized the exchange meant he had already gone way past his budget :D)

8. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I am sure that there are many casual Pink Floyd fans (as opposed to collectors) who bought this disc, and have no idea what it is worth. So I suspect that there are more with obis out there, but ask yourself -- have you ever seen one offered for sale? Does anyone on the Forum have the obi?

In 20+ years of living and 10+ years of serious collecting here in Tokyo, I have only seen the obi once.

9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I've only seen pictures.

10. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

That's still a lot of money for a strip of paper. :D

11. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

With this trend in a few days it will be down to an affordable price. :laugh:

12. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

It appears to have been removed completely.

13. There must have been something fishy going on based on the message ebay put on there.

14. Downsampled

Huh? It's still there.

15. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

16. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

Heh, this will be fun to watch. :agree:

17. innercircle

innercircle Forum Resident

The price is stuck in that amount, I wonder if bidders had react to cancelled bids?

18. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I think it may stay around $1000 for 7 days; the question is how many people will have snipes in place, and will two people get carried away. I suspect that there is at least one or two Floyd collectors lurking with high bids ready to go, so caution is advised. I mean, this kind of item, just by its very nature, is of greater value to a Pink Floyd collector than to an audiophile, who wants to listen to the disc.

19. Mike in OR

If anyone buys this at this price or more and actually opens it to listen to it is well......foolish. Just spend $300 or $400 or whatever it goes for used to have a copy to listen to. My guess is this will end up under glass in someone's collection as a conversation piece and to wow their audiophile buddies. :agree:

20. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

I've only seen pictures of pictures......:D

21. Downsampled

Yeah, there are still people out there with extra money, and this item is what collecting is all about! If you have the cash, there are few greater additions to your collection than this one, IMO. Still cheaper than a Picasso, and just as nice to look at. ;)

The thing is, with a DCC or a Japan-for-USA WYWH or whatever, there is always another one out there, somewhere. With this CD, I don't know that there is! Sealed, in perfect condition? Wow.

22. Mike in OR

I agree, this is the first one I have seen sealed. It will be interesting to see how it goes. :agree:

23. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

I think this will be in excess of $3000, maybe heading to 4k.
    As someone mentioned, there are people with the necessary means available to them at anytime.

And of course, those who've been putting money aside for a while - just in case this ever happened.

Regards

24. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

At the pace it's going, I think it'll sell for $1500-2000.

25. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

I'm betting on over 2k...

And if I had the money, I'd pay over 2k!

I'd put a snipe in for 5k and see what happens!

But since I don't have that kind of cash I have to watch from the sidelines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.