"Fantasy" Beatles Butcher Cover?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CT Dave, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT Dave

CT Dave Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I have never heard of this version of the album cover being sold in stores when the LP first came out. I think it's fake. If so, however, an excellent job.

3. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

The seller is being upfront regarding its (lack of) authenticity. If delusional bidders want to pay $400.00 for this fantasy piece, then it only goes to prove that a fool and his money are easily parted.

4. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

"Famed Beatles' historian Bruce Spizer suggests that the authenticity of this album before you is most likely unlikely, more inclined to be an item of total fantasy. "

Wow, this guy has a way with words! Obviously a fake. It's got the stereo symbol (white line through the half circle) at the top right, yet no stereo banner. The store sticker is supposed to give it authenticity.

Suckers are born every minute.

5. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Also, the "ST- 2553" catalog number, although quite close, is not printed with the proper font.

-Kevin

6. tim_neely

tim_neely Forum Hall Of Fame

Not only is the "New Improved Full Dimensional Stereo" banner missing, but the typeface on the "ST 2553" is wrong.

(Ah, I was beaten to it! That's OK; this is more confirmation.)

7. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Wow, you guys are FAST!! :D

8. Iamthewalrus

Iamthewalrus goo goo g'joob

The font used for the 'ST-2553' is consistent with a more common Japanese counterfiet of the stereo butcher. This is absolutely not real. If it were real it would sell for a hefty premium. Someone obviously took a japanese butcher cover repro and pasted this cover over it.
    However, experimental covers do exist but the only one I've seen that I'm sure was 100% authentic had a blue background with the trunk picture over to the left.

9. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

And they didn't have shrink wrap with a department store sticker on them either. :laugh: :laugh:

10. chip-hp

chip-hp Cool Cat

This is what a real stereo, 2nd state Butcher Cover looks like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.