Fargo FX Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 15, 2014.

1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

That and calling the bully's kids and asking for the older son and telling him his dad was giving the whole estate to the younger son, cutting everyone else out of his will. He's not only a killer, he's a sadistic SOB!

heatherly, JimW and minerwerks like this.
  2. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Chigurth's law- LOL

It's possible there's a basement door, but as I said, Nygaard didn't seem to have an exit. He appeared to be looking around- as if trying to find Billy Bob. He was definitely in a panic and I'd think flight or flight would kick in- esp. if BB had gone out the door, I'd think he'd follow him. But that's all conjecture and certainly it's possible he was just thinking in a panic and hit on his head-dive plan and thought that a superior form of escape. If so, he's very quick-witted. Which he's gonna need to be to explain that shotgun pellet wound.

Pete Norman likes this.
  3. JimW

Not unlike the character in the movie who fed the wood chipper.

rburly likes this.
  4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I think Nygaard developing the ability to think quick and be ruthless is one of the things we'll see in him as the series goes on. It will be that Billy Bob awakened this part of him he finds himself more and more doing things he never would have thought himself capable of. I'll bet his late wife doesn't turn out to be his only victim.

5. JimW

Interesting. S0- you see them becoming partners or BB just as a goad/mentor? Is that the amusement that pulled BB away from his day job- to create another monster? Stay tuned for next week, same BB time, same BB channel...

6. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Maybe partners. But I was thinking more likely Lester starts getting back at people who mistreated him over the years.

7. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

this was ok ,pretty ugly looking like most FX shows (shows I like a lot)

8. Wow just started watching this. Great!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry Mc and rburly like this.
  9. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

I loved it, acting, writing, and story, just great!!!!

Mazzy likes this.
  10. Dark violent and hysterical

Larry Mc likes this.
  11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

But why does it need to be darker and more violent than the movie? A disappointing trend to me in a lot of today's television .

12. Pete Norman

Pete Norman Forum Resident

Has a vague 'No Country for Old Men' feel to it. Thornton's character reminds me of Anton Chigur, but with more dialog and similar malevolence. I think it's great...looking forward to the rest of 'em.

dbacon and Silver Surfer like this.
  13. cwsiggy

cwsiggy Forum Resident

Ok. Love the show but been a while since I've see he movie. Seems to me the only * true* part is salesman's wife murdered with his involvement via a drifter and ambitious female cop helps break case. Other than that, nothing is similar..... Not even the timelines. Which one is more accurate? Just curious

14. rburly

Neither are real. The Coen brothers used it as a marketing tool. Snopes explains it better:

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/fargo.asp

15. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

Its clear these people watched Twin Peeks a lot

16. rburly

Maybe that's why I like Fargo so much. I was a huge Twin Peaks fan.

17. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Maybe I need to try this again. Watched 30 minutes of the first episode late at night and wasn't feelin it. Loved the movie and love Twin Peaks so I'll give it another shot

18. Fargo was a very violent movie. The opening Killing the wood chopper and much more. Did you forget that ? The tv show doesn't have any more violence but there are moments. I think the dark vs light in black comedy is difficult to achieve. The evolution of the characters is the best part. Martin freeman from mild mannered to ... But Billy Bob is so calm and so friggen great. A great part for him

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    rburly likes this.
  19. rburly

It's a quirky show and obviously not for everybody. When I saw the preview scenes that FX put out, I was sucked in. I watch it with anticipation and love every scene. But that's me.

You may not like it or feel excited by it for various reasons. I'm all in on this 10 parter. I already know I'll buy the blu-ray when it comes out and will get the fan exclusive box set if and when it comes out. It's not quite Breaking Bad, but it's a different show. It is similar or has the feel of No Country For Old Men with BB Thornton's character with a very similar feeling to Anton Chigur, as Pete Norman pointed out. I'm not a horror movie fan. This show is as close as I get to wanting to see the underbelly of humanity. My god, I work with people just like him (prison inmates) who've done similar things. One guy I work with is called the Thanksgiving Day Killer. He's not like any of these characters, but there are guys just like him. One inmate I work with knows that he shouldn't be out in society. He tells me how he would kill everybody where I work if he had a gun. Just another day at work for me, but maybe that's my draw to this show and other quirky shows.

20. And it's funny right ?

21. rburly

Oh god yeah! That's the best part. :winkgrin:

Larry Mc and Mazzy like this.
  22. Billy Bobs lines are the best.

Larry Mc and rburly like this.
  23. rburly

And don't think that where I work is like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest or Cool Hand Luke (though the guy who wrote Cool hand Luke was in prison very close to where I work). We have probably the blackest senses of humor you can imagine. Some our conversations would scare the hell out of many people. But it's where we work and we have a great time!

24. So this and Hannibal are by faves now. Hannibal is darker than this by 1000% and not funny however ..... It's looks so damn cool. I will buy that series and this one eventually

Larry Mc likes this.
  25. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I still have a soft spot in my heart for Twin Peaks. David Lynch is the MAN.

rburly likes this.