Favorite reggae compilation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joel1963, Dec 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matti Saari

Matti Saari Senior Finn

Yes it is. And it is numbered mine being #506. Sets are as follows:

Ska
    Dub
    Rocksteady
    D.J.
    Lovers
    Tribute to Bob marley
    Instrumentals
    Roots
    Jamaican Superstars
    Producer Series

The whole box cost something like 200 euros or £140, if I remember it correctly, which I consider of being quite good value for the money. Bought it directly from Trojan, since we do not have any good reggae shops here anymore. Used to have one called Black Star, but the owner Tero Kaski passed away couple of years ago. During vinyl days he imported stuff directly from Jamaica.

Matti

2. Joel1963

Joel1963 Senior Member Thread Starter

If anyone is ever in London, try the Fopp record store. Amazing sale prices on some items. Got three of the double-disc Trojan reggae comps for seven pounds each, VAT included of course. That compares to $30 and more, plus tax, in Montreal. Most of the other newer double-disc comps of individual artists were 14 pounds each.

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

By the way, the DCC aluminum "Reggae Classics" disc was reissued with a different title, different artwork, but same tracklist and mastering, as "O Reggae Where Art Thou" last year.

Regards,

4. MrPeabody

MrPeabody New Member

Does anyone have the 2001 "The Reggae Box" 4-CD set from Universal? Any good?

5. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Have to include the new collector's series of "The Harder They Come" soundtrack which has gotten even better with an additional disc of reggae classics.

Joe L.

6. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict

...........which any reggae fan will already have on numerous other CDs! :)

I really would have preferred a disc of outtakes, rarities or even movie dialogue!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.