Favorite season of Breaking Bad?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chrome_Head, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

After looking up what happened each season I think S5 is my favourite. That had the freight train heist. And some of WW’s best lines. “I’m in the empire business,” and “tread lightly.”

MikeInFla, Chrome_Head and team2 like this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Ha! The Peddlers. :)

3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Still avoiding the thread but posting to say I'm on episode 10 of season 2. I am intrigued to find out what is going on with the stuffed animal in the pool. Evidently it is leading up to something very bad. Great show, glad I can binge on Netflix.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  4. GregM

GregM The expanding man

There was a lack of discipline in writing Walt and Jesse--I think they fundamentally reversed roles a few times and then reversed back. Most of those other characters you mention were incomprehensible. Like a very subdued, methodical Esposito playing someone so successful in a legal multi-state franchized fast food that he sacrifices everything to go into the meth biz. A franchise chain like that is worth hundreds of millions at least. Just doesn't make sense on the face of it. Or an entire crime unit in El Paso allowing themselves to be blown up. Saul and Mike are more believable but there is still plenty that holds me back from suspending disbelief. Same with Tuco and the nazi guys, who may have lasted five minutes if living in the real world.

5. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Season 2 and both parts of Season 5 are my favorites. (The last few episodes of Season 4 are also a good example of the show at its best.)

MikeInFla and Chrome_Head like this.
  6. team2

team2 Forum Resident

"Dead Freight" was an amazing episode!

Chrome_Head likes this.
  7. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

Oh man, come back and tell us what you think! I still remember having my mind blown by the S2 finale when it aired live on TV. I was pretty much a hardcore fan from that moment on.

I mean, the show had a fantastical element to it where something like The Wire was more gritty realistic (but which had no less fantastical plotting itself at times).
    I think they also showed pretty clearly that Gus was in it for revenge and power.

I agree here. S5 got pretty damn dark, but was such a roller coaster. I went from hating Walt to rooting for him again by the end.
    The last half of S4 and the cat and mouse game between Walt and Gus was amazingly well done.

MikeInFla and team2 like this.
  8. team2

team2 Forum Resident

The end of Season 4 seemed like it could have been the end of the entire series, so I loved how they were able to create such a brilliant new story after Gus's departure. The Denny's flash-forward in the opening minutes of Season 5 was the perfect way to illustrate that the story was far from over and still had a ways to go...

GMfan87' and Chrome_Head like this.
  9. Chrome_Head

Yeah, I don’t know if they were sure they were coming back after S4 and it certainly ended with a bang. And I love how they did S5 with the flash forwards, so intriguing.

GMfan87' and team2 like this.
  10. team2

team2 Forum Resident

That flash-forward at the beginning of "Blood Money" -- WOW! Still one of my favorite sequences of the entire series. "Hello, Carol."

11. Chrome_Head

Yeah,
    having Walt go back to his old house which was torn down and spray-painted (with "Heisenberg") was effective and haunting. And I love how they paid off the ricin-load made by Walt back in S4 that way. So clever.

enro99 and team2 like this.
  12. team2

team2 Forum Resident

I visited Albuquerque and Santa Fe in October 2013 about a month after the final episode aired, so the entire region was still in the midst of Breaking Bad fever. I checked out all the usual filming locations that every one else does (Walt's house, Hank's House, the car wash, etc.), but one place I got to see that was off the beaten path was the train bridge from "Dead Freight." This would have been about a year-and-a-half after they filmed there. Very cool to see this spot, just as the sun was setting:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GMfan87', MikeInFla, alexpop and 3 others like this.
  13. Chrome_Head

Great shots! :thumbsup:

team2 likes this.
  14. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I enjoy Walt's early bumbling, clumsy, faltering steps into the world of crime, so I enjoy Season 1 for that. With particular emphasis on the scenes with Walt and Krazy-8.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  15. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

This scene is one of the best:

alexpop and Chrome_Head like this.
  16. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

I remember the later seasons as better.
    That doll thing in the pool in season 2 was to drawn out. But the conclusion was great.
    Season 3-5 packs a bigger punch

Chrome_Head likes this.
  17. old45s

old45s MP3 FREE ZONE

I bought the first 2 seasons on DVD (copies) from a DVD shop in Bangkok for 6 bucks.
    After watching them when I got home I bought the whole series on BluRay off ebay.... I recently watched them for a second time... it's surprising to see bits a second time that you either missed or forgot.
    I particularly like the bit with the song "WINDY" playing... also Jesse's sound system.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  18. old45s

old45s MP3 FREE ZONE

I saw a great T-Shirt recently in Bangkok. It has Walter on the front of it in his apron....

underneath are the words MASTERCHEF.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  19. MikeInFla

Still not reading the comments but letting you know I finished Season 2. Can it get any crazier?!?

20. Chrome_Head

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    MikeInFla and budwhite like this.
  21. MikeInFla

Just finished Season 4. HOLY CRAP! Intense! One more season to go!

Bender Rodriguez and Chrome_Head like this.
  22. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Can’t wait for the film.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  23. Chrome_Head

Enjoy. Just rewatched S4-5 late last year and was stunned by it all over again.

As crazy as S4 is, S5 is quite the roller coaster as well. Come back and post your thoughts about it.

MikeInFla, Tim S and alexpop like this.
  24. MikeInFla

Up to season 5 episode 7! I gotta say I was disappointed (below)

I really liked Mike. Was hoping he would make it to the end and it made me sad he did not. Not disappointed in the episode at all just disappointed he didn't make it.

Bender Rodriguez and Chrome_Head like this.
  25. team2

team2 Forum Resident

At least you can look forward now to Better Call Saul! ;)

MikeInFla and Chrome_Head like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.