Favorite season of Breaking Bad?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chrome_Head, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Yeah but I still don't know if Saul makes it to the end of the show! At first I thought "well at least Saul will make it" then I remembered it's a prequel! A few more episodes to go hopefully will finish up the series tomorrow then come back and read the entire thread.

Chrome_Head and team2 like this.
  2. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

I applaud your heroic effort to somehow make it this far without getting anything spoiled for you! Glad you're enjoying it!

I know this is going to sound really odd, but there are some short bits of Better Call Saul that actually take place AFTER the end of Breaking Bad - well, we assume they do . . . Oh never mind, enjoy the rest of BB and you'll see what I mean soon enough

Chrome_Head and MikeInFla like this.
  3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Breaking Bad ( film)is the film shooting a wrap?

4. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Hold on tight for those last few episodes...

5. alexpop

And still no Anniversary box set.

6. MikeInFla

Finished the entire series! I avoided spoilers the whole time so I had no idea what would happen! Excellent series! For a favorite season I picked 2. What an amazing cast. I hated to see some characters get "offed" but figured it would be coming anyway. Season 5 was a great way to wrap up the show. Will there be a movie? What else could they possibly do? From the last episode of season 5 it looked like it was indeed over. Would definitely be interested in a movie.

Now I'll have to binge watch Better Call Saul!

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    budwhite, Chrome_Head, Tim S and 2 others like this.
  7. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Glad you're caught up! Quite a ride, eh? Enjoy Better Call Saul and seeing how it connects with BB, yet still stands on its own...

MikeInFla and Chrome_Head like this.
  8. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

There is a lot of speculation going on as to how the movie will be a continuation. We know Jesse broke free at the end. We see Walt seem to fall down and die in that great overhead tracking shot at the end of the last episode. Does Walt really die though?

I don't get how the actors that play Mike and Jane will be coming back, though. I have theory however,
    Jesse will be haunted and revisited by all these people he got close to and who ended up dying directly or indirectly because of the stuff he and Walt were involved in. Jesse is a broken man and likely traumatized by all of his experiences (and honestly, who wouldn't be?). Bear in mind that Jesse was supposed to be a young guy in his early to mid 20's for the duration of BB.

Either that, or the dead members of the cast will appear in flashbacks.

9. alexpop

WW?
    Bullet proof vest.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  10. MikeInFla

I Just found this. Apparently Walt DIDN'T die :)

11. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Hank didn't die either:

MikeInFla and Chrome_Head like this.
  12. MikeInFla

When I first started the series I wanted Jesse gone. In real life I despise "hey yo!" people like that. But by the end of the series I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor sap and was pulling for him to make it. Walter truly changed from a pretty good dude to an A-class maniac.

I was also hoping for more John Delancey and expected him to be a major bad guy but he seemed like a pretty good guy who cared for his daughter.

And I watched the first episode of Better Call Saul. Looks like I got a lot of binging left!

Brenald79, Vidiot, team2 and 2 others like this.
  13. Chrome_Head

I couldn’t stand Hank in the first few seasons. By the end, they’d flipped it so I was rooting for Hank to bring down Walt. And Hank’s death was brutal and tragic, but they still let him go out like a badass. What a great character, with some superb acting from Dean Norris.

Jesse, too, was a fascinating character in his way, and Aaron Paul did great work. There was really no weak link in the cast, acting-wise, however.

And enjoy Saul! It’s already been quite a ride in its own way, but is a much slower paced and quirkier show. Bob Odenkirk has come a long way since I used to watch him on HBO’s Mr Show.

Brenald79, Vidiot, MikeInFla and 2 others like this.
  14. Tim S

Tim S Senior Member

doctors are standing by to affirm your diagnosis

15. MikeInFla

Watched the first 2 episodes of Better Call Saul and so far it is a great show as well. Tuco!

Bender Rodriguez and Chrome_Head like this.
  16. team2

team2 Forum Resident

How about him "managing a Cinnabon in Omaha?" Saul called that one perfectly in his last talk with Walt! (I love those post-BB sequences with "Gene.")

Chrome_Head and MikeInFla like this.
  17. MikeInFla

Yeah I noticed that! When episode 1 started I thought "Oh, so it WAS a Cinnabon!" Lol!

team2 likes this.
  18. Chrome_Head

Hey MikeInFla, don't read this Better Call Saul spoiler below.

Lots of speculation about
    Saul as Gene in that post-BB world and if it will include him meeting up with Kim at some point after the events of BCS/BB, since remember, she mentioned growing up in Nebraska where the Cinnabon is. Depends on whether she survives Jimmy finally turning into Saul as seen at the end of BCS B4.

I don't mind if this goes on to become a BCS discussion thread as well either, since it's a world connected to BB.

MikeInFla likes this.
  19. ukozcd

ukozcd Jedi

I got into BB last year and definitely one of the best shows I have ever seen.
    I was a bit over the repetitive cop/drug shows but I am so glad I watched it. I also enjoy BCS as well (I am up to Series 3)
    I am about to watch BB again from the start. There was a couple of episodes I missed the end of due to the recording running out...

Chrome_Head likes this.
  20. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’m really praying they’re going to make it work with WW for the movie like they did with Michael for the additional season of Prison Break.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  21. alexpop

Seen BB a few times now, maybe I’ll start watching it again when the BB movie comes out on blu Ray.

22. team2

team2 Forum Resident

Does that spoiler involve Season 4 of Saul? I've only seen 1 thru 3. Just checking before I click on it...

23. Chrome_Head

Yeah, does contain a minor one, may as well not view it if you've not seen BCS S4 :p .

team2 likes this.
  24. alexpop

Oops too late.

MikeInFla likes this.
  25. MikeInFla

Gocha, won't read the spoiler. I am six episodes in and while BCS is a little slow at this point it is still a great show. Good back story going on right now about "Jimmy". Curious to know why he changes his name but I assume i will find out all I need to go as the series continues. Thank God for Netflix so I can get my fix of these shows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.