Favorite season of Breaking Bad?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Chrome_Head, Oct 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Season two was where Walt truly began to turn. He went from human to zombie (and pretending to still be human).

Chrome_Head and MikeInFla like this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

BCS found all the eccentric brother stuff boring. Season 3 is when it got better ( for me ).

3. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident Thread Starter

BCS is a slow burn--my girlfriend hates it for this reason. I enjoy the performances and the world it is set in, as well as the dynamic between Jimmy and his brother Chuck as well as Jimmy and Kim. It's satisfied my fix for more Breaking Bad because it's of the same quality though a much different show.

I saw actor Patrick Fabien, who plays Howard on BCS, at a King Crimson show a couple summers ago, seated a few rows ahead of me.

team2 and MikeInFla like this.
  4. team2

team2 Forum Resident

I think they're both brilliant, with Breaking Bad explosive and "external" and Saul more dramatic and "internal" -- yet both leave me equally amazed at the end of each episode.

MikeInFla and Chrome_Head like this.
  5. Chrome_Head

It seems the more they try to make it like Breaking Bad like they did in BCS S4, the more my interest kind of wanes. I miss Chuck, and I don't think they're doing enough with the great Michael Mando who plays Nacho. They spent a lot of time on the building of the super lab in S4, and while that was cool and gave us a lot of insight into why Mike is the way he is on BB, I was more into the lawyer dynamics of S1-3. I have high hopes for S5 however, they've spent a lot of time getting to that point.

6. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

After finishing BB and letting it sink in, here are some things I would like to see or know more about:

1. Jesse's relationship with his parents and younger brother. Either in flashbacks or in the present (realizing if they flashback a new actor would be needed for the younger brother).
    2. Skinny Pete's background. Obviously he can play piano and is a talented musician. What happened? Promising pianist gets hooked on meth? Would make an interesting story.
    3. Ditto on Badger but he's obviously not as talented and seems like a slacker but would like to see what he has to offer. And it seems the people reading this thread have seen BB so this isn't really a spoiler but those guys made it to the end and would be nice to see them again.
    4. Will the White's be appearing again? Marie? And flashbacks with Hank, Gomey and Walt?
    5. I like the idea of this "movie" being broken up into episodes. I've heard they might just do that with Netflix airing it before AMC.

And as for BCS, I like it and am looking forward to seeing more and hopefully more characters from the show appear in it. It's pretty slow so far but I enjoyed the Mike "origin" story.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  7. Bingo Bongo

Bingo Bongo Music gives me Eargasms

I had to bing rewatch the series when I got 4K Netflix. Even better than the 1st time I watched it! :bone:

Brenald79, Chrome_Head and MikeInFla like this.
  8. MikeInFla

Finished Season 1 of BCS and I think I like Pimento the best. It was nice to see Mike put Steven Ogg's character in his place. I have a dislike of that guy, I am sure in real life he's a likeable guy but he always plays a douche. It was funny how the 7 foot giant ran off after Mike laid that guy out.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  9. MikeInFla

Deep into Season 2 now of BCS and I gotta say the characters have me drawn in. All of the actors/actresses are great and there really isn't a single character I don't like. Nice to see some faces from BB (the spooky twins with the skull boots) and Hector before he started ringin' a bell. I wonder WHY he is in a wheelchair in BB (don't answer it for me please!). I am hoping BCS answers this for me.

I really like the Cinnabon skits. They are short but it would be nice to see a whole episode of "Gene". He seems pretty miserable. Honestly, since I binged BB I don't even remember WHY Saul had to go into hiding with a new identity. Can't remember what he was connected to that made him run.

10. Chrome_Head

Hank had figured out Walt was Heisenberg, and the whole thing was coming down around everyone's heads in the last few episodes of BB. Saul had the "vacuum salesman" guy's number first referenced in S4, and both Saul and Walt used his services to escape the heat of dead DEA agents and Uncle Jack and the Neo-Nazi drug gang.

11. MikeInFla

So in theory, Saul could return? I would think it is safe now with Heisenberg gone and the case pretty much closed. I dunno, he seems pretty miserable as Gene but I want more Gene!

12. MikeInFla

2 more episodes to go of Season 3 on Better Call Saul! I just checked and Season 4 is not yet on Netflix. Maybe it is on the AMC app, if so I can probably watch it there. I also see there is a Season 4 discussion thread but I will view that once I finish season 4. I think it comes to Netflix sometime in April.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  13. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Any forensic accountant could plainly see Saul had laundered drug money. He has no choice but to remain in hiding.

MikeInFla and Chrome_Head like this.
  14. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

Agreed. I think the run from Hermanos to Face Off at the end of Season 4 is the most incredible run in history of television.

MikeInFla, mj_patrick and Chrome_Head like this.
  15. Chrome_Head

Man, you're really tearing through BCS. If you can find S4 somewhere, you should be all caught up by the time S5 airs this year.

MikeInFla likes this.
  16. MikeInFla

Finished up season 3 and can't find season 4 anywhere except Prime and it isn't free. Plus Amazon spoiled the first episode for me with the description! I try not to read descriptions but that one was unavoidable. At least I made it thru all of BB and BCS up to Season 3 with absolutely NO spoilers.

So I'll wait for Netflix I read that it's supposed to show up in April which is any time!

Chrome_Head likes this.
  17. Chrome_Head

What do you think of BCS so far?

Nice to see S4 pulling well ahead in this poll. Certainly the brilliant culmination of the show up to that point, and the closest we’d see to Walt “winning”. S5 was most concerned with tearing him back down and exploring the consequences of all his actions. A good ending but not as fun.

18. MikeInFla

I like BCS as much as BB. Excellent show! While looking for episodes on the AMC app I only found some interesting cartoons about Mike. Didn't watch any of those yet but I found a similar cartoon on YouTube here:

As I said my only disappoinment so far is seeing the description of season 4 episode 1.

Curious to see what happens with Kim since she was never mentioned in BB. and I assume Hector is headed to his Bell ringin' ways very soon.

Tim S and Chrome_Head like this.
  19. townsend

townsend Senior Member

I have just started to watch this. I have become a big Bryan Cranston fan because of his work in movies. I watched the first episode, I was like "why do so many think this is the greatest series evar?" I was kind of meh. Then several nights later, I watched episode 2, and the then I clearly saw a wicked funny black comedic strain in the plot. I definitely will continue.

Chrome_Head likes this.
  20. Chrome_Head

Stick with it, the best is certainly to come.

Watch out for spoilers in this thread.

21. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I'm watching season 1 of Criminal Minds and a young Aaron Paul guest stars on one of the episodes (The Popular Kids) as the leader a satanist group. Even back then he had a lot of charisma.

alexpop and Chrome_Head like this.
  22. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

I started a re-watch of BB recently but I actually started with Season Five and then went back to Season One. It's pretty entertaining to see the way Walt ends up and then go back to the beginning and see how he started as such a milquetoast character. In fact, the same can be said about the changes of most of the main characters.

budwhite and Chrome_Head like this.
  23. alexpop

Better Call Saul is getting six seasons.

24. Chrome_Head

I saw someone post how they thought the neo-Nazis of S5 weren't very good villains after Gus, but it dawned on me that the true villain of all of S5, IMO of course, is Walt. There are many who would refuse to see that, however. It's actually masterful how Gilligan pulled it all off.

budwhite likes this.
  25. alexpop

BB? I’ve watched it a few times now, always great.

Funnily enough I have no inkling to rewatch any BCS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.