Favorite SNL skits

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Timeless Classics, Jan 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member Thread Starter

Being a lot of the majority of SNL seasons are not available to purchase and most skits cannot be found anywhere online, list some of your favorite skits over the years. I'm sure I forgot a lot about many of them, so share away. Can't wait to reminisce over the classics from previous years. If you can find any links over the internet to view them, that would be great!

Here are a couple of mine:

Sweeney Sisters "Bells" Medley featuring Nora Dunn and Jan Hooks circa 1986.
    Sweeney Sisters' 'Bells Medley' [HQ] - Watch or Download | downvids.net

Dysfunctional Family Feud - aired 10/26/91 Season 17, Episode 4 (christian slater)
    Dysfunctional Family Feud

Consumer Probe - aired 12/11/76 Season 2, Episode 10 (Dan Aykroyd, Candace Bergman)
    Consumer Probe: Irwin Mainway

Figure Skating Cold Open - Season 17, 1992 (Jason Priestly with Phil Hartman as Verne Lundquist and Dana Carvey as Scott Hamilton)

Tanx, Frankh, Dudley Morris and 2 others like this.
  2. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Where to start? (and I'm too lazy to cut and pastes links so forgive me)

I loved Farley and the first time I saw him was in that "hidden camera coffee commercial" thing. Pretty much every single Farley-ism is found in this piece.

I also loved Matt Foley - motivational speaker.

Farley on Asian game show.

Farley interviews McCartney.

I was mad when SNL fired the whole cast after the '94 season, and was less than enthusiastic about the new cast when the show returned (I eventually grew to like this cast as well). Anyway, from that first show with the new cast, the only thing that stuck out for me as funny was Will Ferrell as some deranged father yelling at the kids to "get off the shed".

Also with Will - the morning show where the prompter breaks down, leading to insanity;

Mr. Tarkanian, the office boss, who abuses his staff and actually goes as far as kills a man with a trident;

Will Ferrell having a quiet dinner with his family that keeps breaking out in shouting.

Basically any skit where Will could yell crazy things could be added to my list. "I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!!!!"

I liked Horatio Sans as Billy Joel driving a car full of girls somewhere and getting drunk behind the wheel.

It's totally politically incorrect now (I'll be surprised if they haven't burned the tapes), but when Ron Howard hosted in the early 80's he did a skit where he went back to Maybury and found it had devolved into a sleaze pit of whores (Aunt Bea and Thelma Lou) and homosexual activity (Gomer). Worse of all, Floyd the Barber had really been black all these years (great Floyd impersonation by Eddie, btw). Cameo via tape by Andy Griffith encouraging Opie to hit Aunt Bea upside the head! If this thing aired in 2019 the network would be burned to the ground!

Jan Hooks was so damn great. I guess if I were to name one thing it would be the Sweeney Sisters lounge singing thing. When they serenade Paul Simon with his old songs it's pretty funny.

"Sprockets" when Dana Carvey was Jimmy Stewart discussing his poetry. "I was living in a Mexican slum, drinking some cheap crap called "cho cho". That's one of my all time favorites for sure.

Anal Retentive Chef when his guest is Cajun chef John Goodman, who quickly becomes annoyed and disgusted with the ARC.

Will Forte as coach playing inspirational tape (Herb Alpert) to reinvigorate his team (Peyton Manning).

Also Will Forte - Fly High Duluth

Lost Ending to "It's A Wonderful Life".

Joe Blow (Collin Quinn) and "The Local News".

Celebrity Jeopardy

Norm MacDonald as David Letterman

Citizen Kane II

And so many others! I could list stuff all day.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  3. Rhinojack

Rhinojack Forum Resident

Way too many to list as favorites though I can list some memorable ones:
    Alec Baldwin as a smoking doctor, counseling his patients on cancer but pronouncing it canker.
    Alec Baldwin as a gay scout leader trying to seduce Adam Sandler's scout character.
    Jan Hook as Vonda’s Mother and Rosanna Arquette as Vonda on The People Court with Mephistopheles (Jon Lovitz)
    Vonda’s Mother: I am her mother.
    Judge Wopner: And what is your occupation?
    Vonda’s Mother: I am a barfly.
    Judge Wopner: And, by that, you mean you loiter in bars waiting for men you don’t know to buy you drinks?
    Vonda’s Mother: That is correct, your Honor.
    Judge Wopner: Proceed.

4. Timeless Classics

Timeless Classics Senior Member Thread Starter

Don't need to list all of them.. just any of your favorites that come to mind - awesome lists so far!

5. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

6. Avenging Robot

Avenging Robot Senior Member

Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute.

7. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I still quote the "I Hate It When That Happens", skit, which was obviously some improv bit where one guy would stumble over a word and the other would fill in something random and absurd, and the next guy would run with it.

8. Joe W

Joe W Forum Resident

9. Joe W

Joe W Forum Resident

Christopher Walken and Tim Meadows with the Census Bureau.

Tim 2 and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  10. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Toonces

Celebrity Jeopardy

Vidiot and Timeless Classics like this.
  11. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

The song parodies are hilarious also. Like it when they get the actual celebrities as well.

12. mBen989

mBen989 Senior Member

The Judy Miller Show

13. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

And as Larry King, Andy Rooney, Bob Dole, Charles Kuralt, John Gray (the "Men are from Venus... or Mars, whatever the hell that was called", I'm probably the only one that remembers that sketch)

14. bekayne

bekayne Senior Member

President Reagan, Mastermind ("This is the part of the job I HATE!")

15. planetexpress

planetexpress Searchin' for light in the darkness of insanity.

Simon and Garfunkel make a deal with the devil.

The Chris Farley Show with Paul McCartney.

Trekkies cold open with William Shatner.

16. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Most of the skits I like are from the 70s, and are sleazy. I won't detail them here.

17. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

18. Mr Robinson's Neighbourhood

Black History Moment (or whatever it was called) on Gerorge Washington Carver, who "died penniless and insane, still trying to play a phonograph record with a peanut." :laugh:

Chippendale's audition with Patrick Swayze and Chris Farley

Video Dating clip with Gary Kroger as Dr Needleman - "I like Star Trek and Barbara Streisand and I'm tired of being a virgin!"

Just about any "Sprokets" segment, but perhaps particularly the one featuring "Germany's Most Disturbing Home Videos". "His agony was gorgeous."

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  19. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

20. TheSeldomSeenKid

21. TheSeldomSeenKid

22. TheSeldomSeenKid

23. TheSeldomSeenKid

24. A filmed clip I liked and can find barely a trace of online: a couple are trying to buy ice cream cones from an increasingly belligerent clerk played by Jim Belushi, who eventually pulls a gun on the guy when he can't decide what kind of cone he wants. "Sugar or plain? SUGAR OR PLAIN?!? DAAAMIT!!!"

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  25. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Recently, the skit of Tom Hanks as a Trump supporter, complete with MAGA hat, on BLACK JEOPARDY was one of the all-time greats. And if you haven't seen it, no, the skit does not go where you expect it to, given the premise.

dlokazip, scousette, somnar and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.