Favorite Star Trek The Original Series episodes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by wayneklein, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

Man. THIS one. In 6th grade, I knew a guy named Stuart whose mom looked just like this. Two things still remind me of her - this, and the Supertramp lyric, "not quite right!" Wish I had a picture.

2. Big Jimbo

Big Jimbo Forum Resident

Trouble with Tribbles,
    I, Mudd
    A Piece of the Action
    Bread and Circuses
    The Omega Glory
    Turnabout Intruder
    Balance of Terror
    Mirror, mirror

3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Reminder, I just stuck a thread in Visual called, "Star Trek sounds", linking to a compendium of sfx. Maybe you'd like to play a few, and scare Alexa to death...

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  4. rogertheshrubber

rogertheshrubber Senior Member

Just watched the 1957 "Gunfight at the OK Corral" with Burt Lancaster, Kirk Douglas and - DOCTOR MCCOY!!

Immediately thought back to this great Star Trek episode.

5. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

Charlie X - It was the episode that stuck with me the most after watching all of the episodes. When Star Trek-The Original Series was released on VHS, it was the first tape I bought. It was also the first DVD I bought. I now have the complete series on Blu-Ray & it's the episode I come back to from time to time.

6. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

What's the episode with Nazi's running things using this guy out front they keep drugged and can controlled or something.
    Kirk and Spock intercede and expose things and know the guy saving the day.
    It's been a while.
    That was my favorite episodes as a kid.

7. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

The one that sticks with me is "The Menagerie"... I saw it circa '76 as an 8-year-old and it spooked me... Pike in that weird wheelchair contraption, not speaking... the huge brained aliens... just weirded me out... and somehow never caught it on tv again... so I carried my childhood impressions of it for almost 40 years before seeing it again... of course it's pretty tame in retrospect but I still have echoes of that four decade fear if I squint just right...

boggs likes this.
  8. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Patterns of Force :)

9. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

I've been watching a lot of Season 3 episodes lately, mainly because these are episodes I haven't run into the ground via constant rewatch over my life. This season really gets a bum rap. Sure, there's some crap like "Spock's Brain" and "The Children Shall Lead", but the good outweighs the bad for sure. And it isn't like seasons 1 and 2 were completely devoid of lackluster episodes.

"Day of the Dove", "Spectre of the Gun", "Enterprise Incident", "Tholian Web", "All Our Yesterdays".... nothing wrong with any of these shows. I even like "Turnabout Intruder" with Shatner hamming it up with a woman inside of him. And sure, Abe Lincoln in space is ridiculous, but dammit if I don't find it strangely touching.

budwhite, JeffMo and Luke The Drifter like this.
  10. Hanglow

Hanglow Forum Resident

Too bad TOS never had a proper finale ....back in the day I guess it wasn't thought of.....Turnabout Intruder was a weak final episode though Shatner's "campiness" in this one is hilarious ..that alone saves it from being a total dud.This one won't get high marks in today's PC world :winkgrin::whistle:

All our Yesterdays was a far better episode....Spock and McCoy stranded in the ice age showed for some dramatic scenes together.The time portal keeper dude was in a few other episodes,good character actor.

[​IMG]

JeffMo likes this.
  11. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I never understood the hatred for that episode. I thought Shatner did an extremely good acting turn in that one, but I suppose others simply can't see that.

12. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Luke The Drifter likes this.
  13. sharedon

sharedon Forum Zonophone

14. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I love them all even ...
    [​IMG]

RSteven likes this.
  15. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

We happened to watch the tribbles episode the other night as it aired on H&I. Following that, we decided to put on the DS9 "Trials and Tribbilations" episode. I got a kick out of "Dulmer" and "Luxley" asking Sisko about the stardate of where the Orb of Time had deposited the Defiant. Sisko replied, and "Dulmer" bemoans the fact that it was Kirk's era and notes that it was a Friday. Truen enough, that episode did in fact air on a Friday!
    [​IMG]

BeatleJWOL likes this.
  16. wayneklein

wayneklein Forum Fool Thread Starter

Well accidents do happen in medicine (accidentally pricking one’s self before putting a syringe In a sharp’s container) but you’d think that McCoy would know better having handled hypos his entire career. On the other hand, the animal might have been expensive to pull off unless you put a dog in make up or an appliance like they did in “The Enemy Within”.

17. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Nothing better than Tim Conway's dentist accidentally injecting himself with Novocain.

wayneklein likes this.
  18. BDC

BDC Forum Resident

I haven't watched these show since I was a kid........In the 70s!
    From memory, the one with the Planet Killer was compelling and when they featured the former Enterprise Captain---Captain Pike--- and the creatures who's back of their heads looked liked butts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.