Favorite The WHO & ( other ) classic bands albums-that never were ( but can be )

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by johnny moondog 909, Oct 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan Thread Starter

We even have at least 1 member here, with a website dedicated to reconstructing classic albums that 'never were' fun stuff.

Anyway my personal favorites for albums that never were ( but could be ) are The WHO, above all & also Beatles, Beach Boys, Kinks, Stones...The WHO only released 4 studio albums in the 1960s, but have enough 60s studio material available to compile at least 10 sixties albums !!! & 2-3 more 'extra' albums from the early 70s...that's what is available ! God knows how much is still hidden..

Ok, for this post & example..of my favorite created "extra albums"..in 1966 The WHO released 1 album "A Quick One/Happy Jack " but they have about 25 studio cuts from 1966...so quite simply, I've created 2 alternate WHO albums for 1966...I've cheated slightly by using one single from early 67...that sounds like the 66 material, & added 1 Townshend solo demo also.

The WHO HAPPY JACK 1966

1-Happy Jack
    2-Boris The Spider
    3-Pictures Of Lily
    4-Man With Money
    5-Lazy Fat People
    6-I'm A Boy
    ------------------
    7-Substitute
    8-I've Been Away
    9-See My Way
    10-Cobwebs & Strange
    11-A Quick One

WHO 1966 JIGSAW PUZZLE

1-Run Run Run
    2-Whiskey Man
    3-Disguises
    4-I Need You
    5-King Rabbit
    6-Batman
    -----------------------

7-So Sad About Us
    8-Doctor Doctor
    9-Bucket T.
    10-Don't Look Away
    11-Circles...

There's actually 2-3 more 66 tracks I don't use..anyway you get the idea, there is easily 2 lps worth of 67 material, 3 lps of 64/65 material...The WHO unlike say the Beatles, actually have more 60s non lp studio material, than songs that made it to lp... ok your turn

soarer29 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.