Favourite KISS Tour?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Queezma, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wileycoyote

wileycoyote Forum Resident

I would go with the reunion tour. They played for over 3 hrs and sounded really good. The fireworks show at the end was a nice addition. Worth every penny.

2. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

i would have liked to see their earlier tours, but i saw the 1980 tour of Australia and that was great. i saw them later without make up, i think, and they were still professional but it wasn't as good ... but i also wasn't twelve lol

vertical, Gregster and Zoot Marimba like this.
  3. vertical

vertical Forum Resident

Yeah, saw The Alive and The Alive II tours. Both were great!

I think I still have the ticket stubs...will try to find and post pix.
    ;)

Gregster likes this.
  4. KPeck

KPeck Well-Known Member

Only saw them once...1977 Milwaukee Auditorium. Wow!

Gregster and Queezma like this.
  5. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

Saw KISS in 1988 (Crazy Nights Tour) at the Capital Center in Landover, Ted Nugent opened. KISS had stripped down their show as they did not have the extravagant pyro and fire works, the huge arena was barely (if at all) half full, but they gave it their all - no slagging off at all - I was impressed. Nugent won though, he did it all, flaming arrows during Great White Buffalo, swinging on a vine - he has a madman. Great concert by both, too bad they did not draw many fans at this time. it was pretty empty, but the group played like it was sold out.

Stormrider77, Gregster and joelee like this.
  6. Combination

Combination Forum Resident

I wish, but no, that was a 2 hour gig.

7. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I could easily argue that the Revenge tour was the band's peak as far as musicianship and musical quality of their performances.

dlank, Queezma, Deuce66 and 1 other person like this.
  8. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

That's the tour I wish I saw, went to the 76 and 77 tours.

Spitfire likes this.
  9. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Wow that is tough....I first saw them on the CAN-AM tour and that was pretty amazing for a little kid...the Revenge Club tour was special as well. But I think the one that had the biggest impact on me was the Lick It Up tour.

Queezma and Doggiedogma like this.
  10. 131east23

131east23 Person of Interest

I saw them once, October, 1979 - Fort Worth, Texas. The Dynasty tour I believe... We were close enough to feel the heat of the flames. They pulled out all the stops - fire, blood, levitating guitars and drum kits, sparks. It was fun.

11. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

It was my first concert. I bought the program. I wish I knew what I did with it.

Queezma likes this.
  12. Pennywise

Pennywise Forum Resident

Rock And Roll Over tour. I saw it two nights in a row, and it was sooooo exciting! They were on fire! (Not literally.) :laugh:
    I saw them before and after that tour, and they never reached that level of excitement again (for me).

Queezma, Curveboy and vamborules like this.
  13. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

The 3rd hour was probably "100,000 Years" :laugh:

Queezma likes this.
  14. Combination

New Orleans + Jackson?

15. Pennywise

Pennywise Forum Resident

Yes! Good guess! :)
    Edit: Actually, that was too good a guess. What made you choose those two cities?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  16. keefer1970

keefer1970 Metal, Movies, Beer!

Reunion Tour was great - saw the third night (out of four) at Madison Square Garden in July '96. I was too young to see the original band in their heyday so that was a big one for me.

Queezma and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  17. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I've seen many Kiss shows but my favorite ones were Creatures of the Night (I was 9 and my seat was second row right in front of the tank tread in front of Vinnie), Hot In The Shade Tour and the 1997 Reunion show (loved that show so much I travelled to two more cities to see them on that tour).

My fav tours that I did not see are the Alive 75-76 shows, and Love Gun.

coffeetime, Queezma and Curveboy like this.
  18. Combination

Well, one is obvious, but off the top off my head, I remembered that they actually played Jackson the night before, I believe. I used to know a guy who actually met them in the French Quarter for that show, just walking around in street clothes. Sounds crazy they'd do that, though.

Pennywise likes this.
  19. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident Thread Starter

Had they scaled down their production for the show you were at? I always thought the Crazy Nights stage production was pretty elaborate? Or maybe I am thinking that because the KISS sign behind Eric was huge and elaborate.

20. Queezma

Wow! Love Gun Tour? What city?

21. Queezma

That’s amazing you saw Creatures. Would have loved to see them with Vinnie....ESPECIALLY during Creatures.

22. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

Were you part of the Fridays show audience or Studio 54? ;)

The first tour I saw them on was the Asylum tour then I didn’t see them again until Revenge. I also saw the reunion and Pyscho Circus tours. I might have to say that it’s probably a tie between the Revenge and Reunion. But I might have to give he edge to the Revenge tour. Great setlist and playing. I wish I would have caught the Hot In The Shade Tour. The setlist for that tour was fantastic.

23. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

I’m thankful that my parents were cool enough to get me tickets for my birthday, and on a school night no less! I remember so many details about that night, and when I watch back the DVD bootleg of the show, I can pick out moments and remember them exactly.

From Gene’s blood spitting and solo routine, to seeing Paul Stanley standing behind the amp line watching Gene. Once the huge flame throwers lit up behind the stage, it illuminated Paul who was standing in the shadows. I thought was so cool.

Seeing Eric Carr blow up the PA system with the tank gun turret just blew my mind. As a 9 year old I could not have even imagined what was in store for me.

Doggiedogma, 905 and Zoot Marimba like this.
  24. Queezma

That’s a great story about seeing Paul in the wings while Gene doing his solo. Being from Northern Ontario we didn’t get the “A” list bands like KISS etc. But my dad took me to see Triumph in 85 (my first rock show) and that show blew my mind. Stage Production....sounds etc. And it’s funny that I remember things/nuances from that show like it was yesterday.

25. vertical

vertical Forum Resident

OK, found the tickets...
    Laid them on top of the Kiss LPs that I still have: Alive, Love Gun, & Destroyer
    The ticket on the left is from the Alive Tour: New Year's Eve at the Nassau Coliseum, NY. So, Dec 31, 1975. Blue Oyster Cult /Leslie West opened for them. Amazing show!
    The ticket on the right is from 1977 at The Garden (MSG) in NYC. I know I saw them in December '77 and maybe 1 other time. not sure which one this is since date not visible.
    ;)
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.