Favourite KISS Tour?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Queezma, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident Thread Starter

7.50!!! Service charges now a days are at least triple that....let alone the price of a ticket. Thanks for sharing!!

vertical likes this.
  2. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

The thing is, concerts are way more expensive now even if you adjust for inflation - 7.50 in 1977 dollars is 30 dollars today.

Nassau Coliseum '75 must have been incredible. That was their first New York-area arena show as headliners.

vertical likes this.
  3. clashcityrocker

clashcityrocker Forum Resident

Haha my first concert ever, Love Gun tour in Vancouver (Cheap Trick opening band). 12-years-old and the world's biggest fan, I was pretty much in tears when they came out...the night before Gene was on the local radio and they asked for people to phone in...my line was ringing for over 20 minutes but I hung up since it was taking forever...the DJ went to the phones for the first call and no one was there, it was my line!! ...my opportunity to talk to my hero and I had bailed haha...

4. Todd W.

Todd W. It's a Puggle

December 19, 1976.........Bob Seger opening. I couldn't agree more. Here is the set list. I have seen them numerous times since including the Reunion and Farewell Tours, Psycho Circus, KISS/Aerosmith, KISS/ Crue etc etc.

Ticket cost $7.50

Rock And Roll Over Tour:

1. Detroit Rock City
    2. Take Me
    3. Let Me Go, Rock ’n Roll
    4. Ladies Room
    5. Firehouse
    6. Makin’ Love
    7. Cold Gin (incl. guitar solo)
    8. Do You Love Me
    9. Nothin’ To Lose
    10. Bass Solo/God Of Thunder
    (incl. Drum solo)
    11. I Want You
    12. Rock And Roll All Nite

Encores:
    13. Shout It Out Loud
    14. Beth
    15. Black Diamond
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. SinisterGinger

SinisterGinger Forum Resident

Revenge Tour for me! The bootlegs from that tour and the club tour are worth checking out - great setlists and terrific performances. In my opinion, Paul Stanley is at his peak vocally on that tour.

6. SinisterGinger

SinisterGinger Forum Resident

I was at that Glasgow show as well!! They were brilliant!!!

brownsound2112 likes this.
  7. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I saw them at Madison Square Garden, NYC, December 14th, 1977

vertical and Doggiedogma like this.
  8. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Crazy Nights was scaled down...they had the giant KISS light from the Asylum tour and ramps that might have been reused from the Dynasty/Unmasked tours. It was also a very short show...like 90 minutes and out.

Queezma and Doggiedogma like this.
  9. Stephen J

Stephen J Forum Resident

I saw Kiss in 1986 on the Asylum tour, and then in 2014 with Def Leppard. The latter show was better because they were in makeup.

Had many chances to see them during the 1970s, very much regret that i never did, never saw the real KISS, with all four original members.

Doggiedogma likes this.
  10. Doggiedogma

Doggiedogma "Think this is enough?" "Uhh - nah. Go for broke."

Yeah, KISS had their big name light up and flash, but the pyrotechnics, lasers, flash pots, they were not used. It was a stripped down show, pretty much just the music and stage presence - they were real good even without the added flashes.

Curveboy likes this.
  11. 29 Melbury Road

29 Melbury Road Active Member

I would dare to say that the band peaked musically and soundwise somewhere around spring 1975, but as the summer and fall of '75 came it was all downhill. Peter never played better better and certainly not Ace. Destroyer is not a joint effort but packed with ghost players and outside songwriters...

12. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Packed with ghost players? No, not really. Dick Wagner appears on ONE song.
    And Rock N Roll Over, which came out in 1976, is a beast of an album that showcases all their talents...playing, songwriting, and great "live in the studio" production from Eddie Kramer. It's also one of the greatest rock albums of the 70's.

As for the bands musical peak they had several: 1974-1977 (original band), 1982-1984 (Creatures of the Night/Lick It Up), 1991-1995 (Revenge/Carnival of Souls era)

Queezma, Doggiedogma and YardByrd like this.
  13. vertical

vertical Forum Resident

Yeah, I’ve heard that artists have had to change their approach because they make much less on song / album sales than pre-digital era. So, they focus on tours to bring in the money, which means much higher prices for us...

14. vertical

vertical Forum Resident

It really was! The crowd anticipation was electric. Their set started about 11:30 pm and they had arranged for thousands of balloons/stuff to be held by nets in the ceiling rafters, which they dropped on us at midnight. We had a blast!
    ;)

Doggiedogma and Curveboy like this.
  15. 29 Melbury Road

29 Melbury Road Active Member

Almost the entire album is composed mainly by outside writers (Beth and Detroit Rock City for example) and one can not deny the input Bob Ezrin and Kim Fowley had on 'Destroyer'. The demos of these songs confirm that the embryos were at best mediocre. 'Rock and Roll Over' is a beast but still not an exclusive KISS album - Sean Delaney had way more input than the band admit. However to claim it is one of the greatest rock albums of the 70's is not true.

16. vertical

vertical Forum Resident

Cool! I saw them on the 16th.
    ;)

17. vertical

vertical Forum Resident

OK, so I found the 3rd Kiss ticket (was mixed in with Springsteen tix).

I also figured out the event date shorthand that they used on the tix. The Date/Event Code on top right is the month-day.

So, the shot of the 3 tickets below (laying on a CD I picked up for a buck at the thrift store) translate to these Kiss concerts dates:

· Alive! Tour: December 31, 1975 - Nassau Coliseum, NY (New Year’s Eve blast!)

· Rock and Roll Over Tour: February 18, 1977 -Madison Square Garden, NYC (1st time Kiss played MSG!)

· Alive II Tour: December 16, 1977 - Madison Square Garden, NYC (3rd night)

[​IMG]

Queezma and Curveboy like this.
  18. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I was 12. It was my first show ever as well.

Duke Fame, YardByrd and vertical like this.
  19. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

As a long time fan:

1. Revenge Tour...Paul Stanley was in beast mode and having strippers strut the stage during "Take It Off" was faffing awesome!

2. Destroyer...My first concert, my favorite album...need I say more?

3. Love Gun...They were on fire that night

GodShifter and vertical like this.
  20. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

I know you've posted it before, but give me a link to your album rankings, #1 on down... if you'd be so kind...

21. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Reunion tour. Was such a good show that I've not wanted to see them Ace/Peter-less since. Given how good Revenge was as an album, I regret not seeing them on that tour. Revenge+Unplugged (especially the reunion tracks) on MTV persuaded my friend & I to go to the reunion date in Manchester after crying off the band after Crazy Nights.

I might've gone to shows with better musicianship and others that have been more emotionally affecting, but for sheer entertainment, that reunion show has rarely been bettered by anyone.

Tree of Life likes this.
  22. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

Ranking The KISS Albums

YardByrd likes this.
  23. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

For you. For me, it's as good or better than Rumors, Ziggy Stardust, or any top 10 70's rock album.

Tree of Life and YardByrd like this.
  24. YardByrd

Absolutely one of the best albums of the 70s! I'd take RARO over almost anything that makes the critics top 70s albums mainstays.

Curveboy likes this.
  25. YardByrd

Curveboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.