Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes it was fun...: )

2. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I wrote more after you quoted me. Especially last sentence.:)

Michael likes this.
  3. Michael

LOL...well the show is nearly B&W in that world. I guess the color got the virus as well...I find it annoying...anything to be cool...ouu, ah, wow, they're so creative sorry it's pretentious...just lightening the mood! LOL...

genesim likes this.
  4. Michael

yea I got it and edited my post...but, you responded to the unedited version...LOL.

genesim likes this.
  5. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

I admit fully that show cinema wise is depressing as heck to watch much like the more downer storylines. Like Better Call Saul in lots of ways that is what sets it apart. I just hope the Daniel character comes back as rumor is....and supposedly he may be crossing over to Walking Dead. Season 3 got really strong toward end and I think thus season will follow.

Michael likes this.
  6. Michael

Daniel? Pic?

7. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

It was just one episode. We don't know how their stories will play out. All we know is that we got one very well directed episode that made the idea believable that there could be forgiveness between the living in the brutal world of the dead where people have become even worse than the zombies, and Charlie's acts have been horrible. But, killing in battle is different from killing a child in cold blood. Watching the child accept her own death at the hands (teeth?) of the walker on the roof might have caused Alicia to feel some compassion. Her mother would have.

Just a really well-done episode and - again - it was one moment in torrential rainstorm and while both their deaths were at hand. There may other moments yet to come that clarify what the relationship between these two will be going forward, but what you do rationally when everyone else is around and what you do when it's just you and the other person and near-certain death minutes away is something else. Layers of human complexity in FtWD? Yeah, I'll take that when you can.

Anyway, in terms of moral retribution, this pales in comparison to TWD, where Rick & Co are about to be best buds with Negan for the coming seasons... (as long as the story follows the comic).

genesim and Michael like this.
  8. Michael

I do...it will just get more annoying with each new episode...so would you have accepted if the innocent murdering girl shot Alicia? Hey, she's only a kid...

9. NettleBed

In what way to you mean "accepted?" She's the only member of that family left. I don't want her character to leave the show, but if the writers decided to kill her off, having it be Charlie would be kind of cool, I guess. It would be better than how half of the decent characters on TWD have gone out.

10. Michael

COOL? really...exactly as I stated...obviously your answer is a huge YES. quite disturbing...

11. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Actually you could count me in too. I think this actress is pretty good.

While she has killed a few walkers all I have seen is her killing one person (what if she killed her parents...oh man that would be a twist).

Let us compare this to Daniel (the mexican dude that was on the boat with strand who almost perished in a father having dreams of his wife!) Who has killed over a hundred people. Talk about sociopathic tendancies. I love his character but that is the last guy in the world that I would want to cross.

Remember a true sociopath "cares" about his family...not yours. I don't think he was a sociopath but he teetered part before his wife visions...

Charlie did show all kinds of feelings and how she came to be what she was. Her fooling Nick at the stadium got a lot of people mad, but like others that warned Nick...just because you grow close to someone doesn't mean they are going to care about you the same way. Nick should know this better than anyone considering his history of people he just abandoned or used while he found his way. All while having Madison and Trevor and Alicia looking out for him.

Not to beat this dead horse but Nettlebed's post about being alone with the only connection to people you have lost had me thinking. That and what Morgan taught Alicia (and others who would listen) that he learned from the Ninja dude who made the jail cell.

12. NettleBed

I meant it in terms of the overall narrative. Like I said, I don't *want* Alicia to die. But if she was to, having Charlie kill her would be a fairly strong move for the narrative, as Charlie would then have killed Alicia and Nick directly, and led to the death of Madison indirectly. There would have to be some significant story points, then, towards how they finished her off. You don't think having one basically kill off a family (and having that person be a child) is kind of cool?

Hey, it's a much better way for Alicia to go then have her bitten by some random zombie while the writers made her do something stupid.

13. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Your last line is pretty messed up...but in a good way. lol. What would be interesting about all that is if Madison was still alive (which she may very well be).

Madison dying was her own choice. Just like Alicia shooting John could have led to his death (would she then be a murderer as well? She could be in the real world because she participated in murder and killing someone not on purpose over another (that you intend to murder..transferred intent) is punishable as felony murder. In my opinion her intent was misplaced in the first place. The problem with some people in this world is that they believe that they know people because they spent some time with them. You can see this with how Alicia judges Naomi for what she believes is acting selfishly by looking out for herself.

I know one thing is for sure, I wouldn't trust anyone in this world unless it was someone I knew before or family (and even then)...but for other people, yeah right. the problem with so many of these characters is that they take their guard down (though understandably because we are still talking about humans that make mistakes).

I know I am in the minority, but I liked that on the other show. It felt real, and I don't think it was lazy. No one is completely safe.

14. I had a laugh at the special effects at the beginning of the episode - you see zombies flying around everywhere in the wind, but branches on all of the trees were perfectly still.

15. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

With only 2 million viewers, and probably at the edge of cancellation, I think the budget isn't quite what it should be, but I tend to overlook such things because of the world they are trying to create.

16. NettleBed

Yeah, that didn't make a ton of sense.

The ease with which they were blown around made it seem as if all these communities would need to stay safe is some moderately-powered fans.

Shawn likes this.
  17. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Maybe dead people are lighter? lol Speaking scientifically (if one could ever do this with the parameters of these shows), there is less mass to blow around.

18. NettleBed

I would assume that they have somewhat less mass, due to emaciation/deterioration, but they still shouldn't be flying through the air while the trees stay intact. In fact, given their poor motor functions, one would think that the wind would simply knock them to the ground before it had the chance to lift them off their feet.

19. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

It depends on what the wind actually is. From the damage I saw, it looks like a tornado situation more than a hurricane. Tornados pick up whatever they want, and they can leave everything else around completely intact. Mother nature has done some strange things, and it is entirely dependent on the almost infinite possibilities when it comes to wind deflection.

While I would never ever take a TV show seriously when it comes to physics and any other scientific approach, the proclamation that a tree not being knocked over is not a very good parameter of what is possible either.

Again, I just think that stuff looks cool. If I went around nitpicking what is possible, I wouldn't have started watching the show to begin with (for obvious reasons!).

p.s. How do you explain Tornados picking up a dish or a person and setting them down and leaving them completely intact while complete houses are obliterated?

20. Michael

OK, gotcha now. : )

21. Michael

good points made...

22. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

However somebody feels, I am just mad as hell that my Walking Dead season 8 has been delayed to Friday. WTF. I was stupid to order it online.

Michael likes this.
  23. Michael

it'll be just as good as yesterday...

24. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Not if I miss out on the limited edition because of it. Word is online editions don't have slips or digital codes at Walmart. I wanted to get it in today and then trade. :( I know...real world problems. ;)

Michael likes this.
  25. Michael

YES! justified problems! I get it...we are a fussy bunch! LOL.