Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

And now, even Daniel Salazar is on team “play nice”. To be fair, it does go against his instincts.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  2. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Finally got caught up, had about 7 episodes on the DVR then watched last night's episode live. I liked the season for me it was a nice change of pace.

3. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

Unfortunately I’ve only been paying half-attention when I watch this show now. I’m not sure where they are - still in Texas? If so, I can sort of understand the difficulty given all the wide open landscape. The maps they have wouldn’t show oil fields.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  4. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

OK, thanks. I think last night’s episode shows the location and explains what confused me. I haven’t watched yet.

5. MikeInFla

Finally watched the season finale of Season 5. I was expecting a surprise of some sort but I don't think I liked the ending of this one. Wasn't what I expected to see but I guess they want it that way.

6. notesofachord

The Empire Strikes Back.

Lewisboogie and MikeInFla like this.
  7. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

If that’s it for Morgan, good riddance. In that world one can’t negotiate and capitulate to the Negans and Virginias.

8. notesofachord

I realize that for many "survival" is all that matters, no matter what one must do, but Morgan as the leader choose to lead a group that valued morality over survival. It didn't work out, but he lived the way that he chose to - which counts for something. I'm not so sure that he's gone for sure though. The dude had a ridiculous knack for survival in the original Walking Dead show.

If he's gone, it'll also affect my interest in the show going forward since the "new" characters are not as interesting to me as the original ones, meaning, mostly, The Clark Family. The show has gone downhill, IMO, since Nick died.

Lewisboogie and MikeInFla like this.
  9. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I haven't seen the episode yet, was there a dumpster nearby?

Shawn, Lewisboogie and MikeInFla like this.
  10. MikeInFla

I didn't see one but he is sitting a wooden porch. Perhaps he crawls under it? But it truly looks to be the end of Morgan, he was pretty helpless and seemed to give up.

Like @notesofachord I'll probably lose interest in it again. I do like John and Dwight but I am not sure if they are enough to keep me watching. Curious to see if Dwight finds Sherry but I think it is doubtful.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  11. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

I agree about Nick.

IMO, the moral thing to do would have been to kill or at least resist Virginia. I agree with Morgan’s overall philosophy, but the weakness of his approach is clear when he decides to hit her with the stick. Proves him wrong (going back to Rick/Negan in a tragic way.)
    Dwight understands — Morgan should have as well.

12. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

This was a disappointing finale to a disappointing season. Virginia has to be the worst and least charismatic of the villains, not to mention the worst dressed with that goofy hat. I like Dwight’s character but he doesn’t seem to be a good fit with the others. Hopefully he will at least find Sherry soon.

Morgan seems done for but then in his own words, Morgan doesn’t die.

notesofachord, MikeInFla and Shawn like this.
  13. notesofachord

Perhaps Lenny James is aching to act in his native English accent again and has tired of playing this Morgan fellow. Who knows.

14. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Ooh, here's a plot line for next season - after the trauma of his too-close call with a horde of walkers, Morgan comes down with a case of Foreign Accent Syndrome:

Foreign accent syndrome - Wikipedia

Then he could use his natural speaking voice.

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Morgan will live...

16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Bummer finale!

17. Scope J

Read a blip from someone who
    thinks it will be Sherri who saves
    Morgan.

18. Scope J

Hope they knock things into gear this season!

19. If they don't drag this Whisperers thing more than one or two more episodes maybe there's a chance.

20. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Um, this is the Fear the Walking Dead Thread, not The Walking Dead Thread.

Shawn likes this.
  21. Doh! Apologies.

MikeInFla and TheSeldomSeenKid like this.
  22. Michael

when is this due back?

23. Scope J

Facebook page says "coming this summer"

24. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Obviously shooting or finishing shoots to have enough of a season to edit together, is gonna be a challenge in these days of actual biogenic catastrophies...we already got the season finale of the main series chopped-up from existing footage, and delayed until sometime in Fall, as a "TV special". They're probably counting on re-shoots and tight, tight closeups in order to get all the plot elements resolved as they want 'em...provided nothing happens to the essential crew and cast members in the interim...:eek:

Lewisboogie likes this.
  25. Michael