Fear The Walking Dead - amc Original Series

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Apr 30, 2015.

1. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Yes, and I just KNEW something bad was going to happen to spoil the moment but luckily it didn't happen.

JohnG, Michael and sixtiesstereo like this.
  2. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I agree. Plus all these nutty groups never seem to meet the other nutty groups. It’s gotten old. Also, it’s hardly likely we’ll get a proper closure to the Walking Dead series with all these other series in its universe, especially including the eventual spinoff. I haven’t bothered with the latest series but I still watch Fear which has managed to become the better show.

3. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Yikes - different strokes. I was bored out of my mind. I half-slept/half-fidgeted
    through the entire episode. And then that ridiculously cheesy ending....but that's
    just one clowns opinion.

4. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I can't imagine how you felt the ending was cheesy, since most fans of the FTW series, and
    The Walking Dead, and the long arc of Dwight searching for Sherry, the resolution
    of that was not only satisfying and extremely romantic, but one of the best moments
    of both series over the last several years. I for one was riveted with what unfolded, and
    can't wait to see what comes next in their relationship.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Indeed! ; )

JohnG likes this.
  6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Watched the first episode of that newer Dead series The World Beyond and didn’t like it much, high schoolers out battling zombies.

Anyone like it?

7. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

It is so bad even my daughter (high school senior) wanted to vomit.
    She then went on a rant about how awesome the first season of the walking dead was and how much it has gone downhill in increments each season. She never watched it originally and recently binge watched it all.
    I am a proud papa.

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  8. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

No.

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  9. And it gets worse. I've been giving it a chance but after the most recent episde I'm out. A few examples why:

How the heck did they make that boat in a couple hours? Likewise, what happened to the storm? And when will they learn how to kill a zombie by striking it in the head? All they seem to do is push a zombie around.

MikeInFla likes this.
  10. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

Not me. I bailed after the 2nd episode. It was boring and the characters are not that interesting.

MikeInFla likes this.
  11. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Thanks, at least i’m not missing anything. One of the lead girls is a looker but the show is a dud. I will stick to Fear The Walking Dead for now.

vegafleet likes this.
  12. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

Last night’s episode wasn’t quite up to par as the previous ones but it still had good moments. The murder mystery scenario fell kind of flat, but maybe there’s more to come. The reunion at the end was quite a contrast to the one last week.

MikeInFla likes this.
  13. Daryl M

Daryl M Senior Member

Enjoyed Sunday's episode. I could watch John Dorie in his own series. And,
    incredibly, I'm starting to dig Virginia.

14. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Crazy ep.!

15. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Been a good season so far.

I agree the office building was one of the best.

John is a great character. Reminds me a lot of Rick Grimes both being lawmen.

Witchy Woman and Scope J like this.
  16. Scope J

Talking Dead seems to be
    Premiere only now

:realmad:

17. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

not so. i recorded last nights ep at 11:15pm PT. Colman, Lennie, and others covering the Sunday's eps of both shows. maybe on demand???

18. lahtbp

lahtbp Forum Resident

I’ve only started watching this now. It’s better than I expected. I would say it’s on par with The Walking Dead but a bit slower. I’m only on season 1 so hoping things pick up a bit.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  19. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

it does get better. I stopped after season 1 but picked up again last season and it has gotten really good, sometimes better than the original.

lahtbp likes this.
  20. lahtbp

lahtbp Forum Resident

Awesome, thanks. Looking forward to it.

21. Why oh why do I torture myself and continue to watch? No one to blame but myself.

So they find the shooter - who’s obviously well-trained and dangerous - but start interrogating him while he hands are unsecured? Likewise, he appeared to have a high-powered sniper rifle with scope (and ammo!) but they just left it behind in the woods.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  22. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

I liked it a lot before it became the Morgan show.

lahtbp likes this.
  23. Scope J

Returns 11 April 2021

Lewisboogie likes this.
  24. lahtbp

lahtbp Forum Resident

Morgan is such a stale character.

Michael likes this.
  25. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

His dilemma about whether to kill people who are trying to kill or enslave you in the zombie world is...odd.

It has even continued on the main show this season with the Russian roulette episode. “Are we good people?”

Michael, lahtbp and Shawn like this.