Fiio vs. iPod

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Runicen, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy E

Guy E Senior Member

I'll enjoy having the pair of players. Yes, I plan to split the alphabet... I've always been alphabetical in my organization. :shrug:

Runicen likes this.
  2. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

You need one dedicated to The Church and Steve Kilbey and all his solo and side projects! :D

Guy E likes this.
  3. Humanoid_Z

Humanoid_Z Well-Known Member

Head fi lover? I guess importing a walkman from japan is a good choice, sony just released a 6lb huge brick in Asia and they call it portable. :D

4. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Me too, but I'm swapping in different 256gb cards.

Fingers crossed it keeps working because I love the SQ.

thegage likes this.
  5. npc210

npc210 Forum Resident

Another good low cost option is the Hidizs AP60 II.

6. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

Just a smartphone user with a 200gb micro sd card here. I use PowerAmp as my player and am supremely happy.

7. Eric S.

Eric S. Forum Resident

I've got an X5 with a 200gb card for official CD releases, and a 128gb for concert recordings. Like you my Grateful Dead collection is, um, outsized although I'vebeen listening mostly to other stuff for the past few months.

I don't use the library functionality much, I transfer the music in a folder hierarchy of Genre\Album Artist\Album\music files.

bmoregnr likes this.
  8. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’m using my new 128GB IPhone instead of the Fiiox3. It works with my Bluetooth Headphones and bookshelf speakers and the head unit of my vehicle’s stereo. I also discovered the ONKYO HF Player App to play high res files up to 96k. Putting albums on the Itunes app on the Iphone is sometimes still a nightmare. Albums I can’t add to ITunes I just add to ONKYO instead. No shuffle or playlists with ONKYO though. The IPhone is durable too. It was dropped off a 3rd story balcony without damage.

9. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I heard the battery life was more ~10 hours.

Would like to hear sound reviews here, if anyone has one. Debating replacing my aging Sansa Clip with this thing.

10. Jack Flannery

Jack Flannery Forum Resident

I just got one. Listened withSR80e’s and thought it sounded really good. I’ve loaded some high def stuff, and playlists exported from iTunes so I have a variety of resolutions. Plugged in my GR1000e’s and my adaptor was wonky so that needs deoxit or something. Meze Classic 99’s also sounded good, with sufficient volume. The UI will take getting used to. It is no iPod in that regard. As far as battery life goes, supposedly consumption varies as a function of balanced or not, and source resolution. 10 hours sounds about right. Worth the $109 for sure.

Gaslight likes this.
  11. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Thanks much! I like the BT / DAP aspects of this device as well, sounds like a good multi-use tool overall.

12. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

I've been using the Shanling M0 for a few weeks now....this thing is pretty awesome. Small footprint, pretty durable assuming I don't step on it, volume button is great when on my belt (how I've been using it with a cheapo clip). And the battery life is not bad, used it for many hours yesterday and still at 50% battery left and wasn't at a full charge to start.

And the sound quality is great. Been using the "Headphones" EQ and it beats out pretty much every other DAP I own. I just have to be careful not to lose the damn thing, considering how small it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.