Film genres you don’t like?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Dec 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

These days , those days or any days. I do not ' get ' the Adam Sandler thing. Over the years people would say to me : " Yeah , I don' t like Adam Sandler but such-and such a movie with him is pretty good. " and like a fool I'd watch it and it would be terrible.
    Then someone would say : " Adam Sandler' s not playing a doofus in such-and-such a movie and it's a serious drama and a good one " and like a fool I' d watch it and it would be terrible.
    But the worst was when this guy told me that the Adam Sandler remake of ' The Longest Yard ' was better than the original and like a fool I watched it and guess what? It was terrible ! Really bad.
    No more ! Won't get fooled again.

GodShifter likes this.
  2. razerx

razerx Forum Resident

I am sick of zombies.

Karnak likes this.
  3. Gavinyl

Gavinyl Remembering Member

Anything not by Lars Von Trier....

4. dmiller458

dmiller458 Forum Resident

Don't care for slasher films. Don't like super hero movies.

Larry Mc likes this.
  5. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Sports movies (excluding boxing & kung fu) & spy/political thrillers do nothing for me. Also any formula type movies like most chick flicks. Boy meets girl, they fall in love, something happens that they break up (usually a misunderstanding), they get back together, the end. Also most movie series that turn into a franchise like Marvel, Star Wars, Star Trek etc. The DC franchise surprises me once in awhile. The Nolan ones & The Joker were good. Also big dumb summer blockbuster action movies, I have a hard time with. Anything left? I still consider myself a movie lover though, I just enjoy a bit of originality.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  6. spherical

spherical Forum Resident

I saw the first one when it came out. Didn't impress me. Never saw any others.

7. Wildest cat from montana

Wildest cat from montana Humble Reader

This will not save you at the Zombie Apocalypse. They will eat your brain anyway.

razerx likes this.
  8. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I like a good disaster movie but the ones that have been produced in the last umpteen years are really stupid and way beyond believably with crap like invading aliens or burrowing down to the earth's core.

Bring back stuff that's a little more believable like Airport, The Poseiden Adventure, and The Towering Inferno. I also miss comedies like Airplane and The Naked Gun.

I'm sick, sick SICK of superhero movies!

And i'm glad Tyler Perry doesn't make those gawdawful movies anymore.

9. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

British films made for the American market (ie, the stuff that Richard Curtis does).

‘Mainstream’ comedy.

‘Chick-flicks’.

Westerns (One-Eyed Jacks is the only one I’ve ever made it through).

‘Action adventure’ films.

10. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Musicals
    Gore
    Romantic Comedies (most of them)
    I'm done with these Superhero movies, they are just eye wash.

I like a good scary movie, horror and syfy but I can't stand gory, bloody, slasher movies where the plot id just killing people.
    Hostal, Italian bloodfests, or any movie where people are butchered just doesn't interest me. I like a movie to have a plot.

11. jkauff

jkauff Senior Member

I feel the same way. I generally don't like musicals, but I love Fred Astaire movies and My Fair Lady. I don't like "slasher" films, but Psycho is a total classic for me. Don't like sword-and-sorcery, but I make an exception for Lord Of The Rings (but not for The Hobbit--hated it).

Give me a great script, a good director and cinematographer, and wonderful acting, and I'm probably not going to care about the genre.

Pete Puma likes this.
  12. Grand_Ennui

Grand_Ennui Forum Resident

I'm not sure which Tyler Perry movies you're referring to (I'm guessing Madea or however the name's spelled), but he's going nowhere... A few months ago, he opened his own film studio in I believe Atlanta, GA. So, he's in for the long haul.

Grant likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.